Ct members Mopar expo 09

-
Adam, should be back in time from my Maine photoshoot for that weekend. May even try to hit the cruise night/drag strip on the Berlin Tpke sat nite as well.

Obviously, I'll be there since I'm an officer in the club hosting the event.

Online Pre-Registration is open until late Thursday.

I've written 2 post, and deleted both. Figured it could only be misinterpreted and made into something it wasnt. I'll make it short and sweet. Was extremely dissapointed with the "MoPar EXPO" .. My brother counted 47 cars shortly after noontime. (show cars, not new Challenger/Chargers and the cars on Kenny lot) Roughly a dozen left after staying an hour and 1/2 or so. Maybee another 18 cars cars arrived by 2pm, this could be a high estimate. If there was no DJ, you could close your eyes and imagine you were in a retirement community. Left 2 hours early--after holding on since 1:30pm waiting for another 200 cars to arrive. :(
Looks like if your into MoPar, its either Carlisle or the Nats

I understand what your saying and agree to a point.

This was the first year that Mopars in Motion took over running this 29 year old event. There were 47 participants registered on Saturday, which was double the Saturday attendance from last year. Sunday, there were a total of 109 participants registered, again a substantial increase from last year. You also have to consider, there was more than a slight chance of showers the entire weekend, which greatly affects attendance. It was still sprinkling when I arrived at 7:30 Sunday morning. In the 10+ years I've been helping with car shows, in my experience even a slight chance of rain will cut your attendance by almost half. For example, MiM has over 200 members and not even half attended the Expo. Even the New England Shelby Club, which had more than 20 of their members signed up to attend, had more than half those drop out because of the weather forecast.

If your trying to compare this to Carlisle, the Nats or even what the Mopar Expo was 20 years ago when it was still at the Polo Grounds, you going to be disappointed. This show has been dieing a slow death since being moved to Limerock years ago and even more so after being moved again to Westfield. We hope to change that. I agree, the attendance was not what I would have liked to have seen, we had a better turnout the previous weekend at Robert's Dodge in Meriden, but it was still an improvement from last year despite the weather. It's simply going to take time to build this show back up, but I don't anticipate it ever being comparable to Carlisle or the Nats. All we can hope for is 150-200 participants, new Challengers and Chargers included since Modern Muscle was one of the largest classes at 2 of our last 3 shows since many of those guys aren't afraid to bring them out in the rain.

I feel, if the forecast was for perfectly clear, sunny skies all weekend, there would have been quite a few more participants and those that did attend, would have arrived much earlier than they did.

-
Back