CT winter get together

-
Ecellent, looking foward to see you and your buddy's there. You bring your buds down for sure.

Ecellent, looking foward to see you and your buddy's there. You bring your buds down for sure.

Any other Long Island/Queens/Brooklyn members want to make this road trip party? We have a few days to make this happen. I'm going unless I'm nuts-deep in snow.

Rob, call me.... :toothy10:

I made plans with Rob to drive up..... just gotta find Mikel to see where he's going to be.

Anybody else? C`mon Brooklyn & Queens, we know your out there. :-D

I am, and if it's just you and me John..............

Yup, still going on.

Gotta give you East Coast FABO crew HUGE credit. Weather.com sez it's 8 F**KING DEGREES in CT and it's still ON?!?! There's no way in Hell you could pry my pampered Cali butt out of the house in that kind of weather! Unless there was a stranded FABO member out there, anyway...

BTW, the weekend forecast for Santa Cruz is 70 and sunny. Nice weather for sure, but we're screwed with another year of drought if we don't get a LOT of rain soon...

Just got in now, and the thermometer in my wife's Jeep said it was 5º. Freakin COLD out man, wow.

George

Just got in now, and the thermometer in my wife's Jeep said it was 5º. Freakin COLD out man, wow.

George

Yeah...Yeah... it's cold. That's the North-East way of keeping out the weak .... :-D

I've been to SoCal and my Wife had to come *this close* to sedating me (more than usual...) to get me back on the plane to come home. I do envy you bastards with your sunshine and "cold" winter days in the 70's.

But the big question remains: George, are you coming to dinner or not?

I aint gonna be able to make this one John, unfortunately. Although I feel priveledged that you guys have specifically asked me to go, it just isn't in the cards. Wife is working, and oldest son has the.........."trots" for lack of a better word, for the last 2 days.
Grandma is outta town this weekend so nobody else to babysit.
I was planning to take the kids along with me, but if he's not feeling well, my place is home with him.
I WILL be at the next one, and it better be in the SUMMER, and there better be a lot of Mopars, some with NY tags! :D

George

OK... you get a pass on this one. Next time, we come looking for you! :-D

Hope the little guy is feeling better soon!

Hell, you don't have to look, any of ya's are welcome here anytime.

Its 70º in my garage!!

George

Gotta give you East Coast FABO crew HUGE credit. Weather.com sez it's 8 F**KING DEGREES in CT and it's still ON?!?! There's no way in Hell you could pry my pampered Cali butt out of the house in that kind of weather! Unless there was a stranded FABO member out there, anyway.....

Wanna know what it's like up here? Try strapping a pair of frozen Pork chops to your (bare) feet and go walk on a hardwood floor.

Yeah, it sucks.... :angry7:

I just got in. Sorry to say, my batterys in the new photo machine are dead as door nails. I whipped it out and say DAMN! (LOL @ this) Some Women came walking up, said let me see it, she examins the camera, flips it around a few times and sez, "Yep! It's dead, it sez GM on the side, no wonder it don't work!"

She's a 70 road runner owner laffin it up with the fellas.
There was a small crowd this eve. Not bad also considering snow was in the forecast. Good buger and fries place, eat well for dinner. Moved it to Starbucks for a few hours worth of chat and laffs.

Look foward to the next one. We should try in 45 day, the end of Feb could be better, could be worse, but it'll be good ethier way.

Yup, Just me John and Rob from the board and a bunch of local guys. Still a good time. As the night went on the scenery in Starbucks got very nice though.

You guys like it when I tell a story, huh?

The trip started off with yours truly getting lost and missing our exit up in the South Bronx. Slick move on my part. Fortunately, no on died....

We finally make it onto Rt. 684 towards Rt. 84. I call the engine room and summon up warp drive and Amy's GTI is now the Millennium Falcon: we're hauling *** because we're late.

We finally make it to Five Guys Burgers (Google them and find a location....GOOD stuff!) and I finally got to meet my buddy Adam face to face after 5 yrs. of on-line socializing, and a few of his friends. Good eats, but crowded and noisy. Some people decide it's time for desert, so we head off to a local Starbucks for a $4.00 cup of hot chocolate. But that was money well spent for the floor show we got in return.

SANY0001-vi.jpg

John --- Adam --- Rob

As we're chatting about things in general a lovely lady, Carolyn, from the local Mopar group comes over to our table. She introduces herself and what she owns (Plum Crazy `70 Road Runner) and asks what we drive and who we are. One things leads to another and we had a delightful conversation including cars, motorcycles, handguns, and her reluctance to admit she can't write her name in the snow.... Fun gal whom was out WITHOUT her husband. And might I add, she...er, made a "nice" shadow if you catch my drift.
boobanim.gif

SANY0002-vi.jpg

Then after awhile the Starbucks starts filling up with..... TEENAGE GIRLS! Lots of `em.... If there were 30 gals in there, about 24 were adorable. The other 6 were just hot. Before I felt the effects of pepper spray and hand cuffs, we called it a night before I started snapping more pictures....

But we DID have a good time. We said our G`nights and proceeded to get lost AGAIN going home. TWICE. The second time we ended up on Gunhill Rd. in the South Bronx after dark. Ever see the movie I am Ledgend? Close to the same out come by being there after dark.... But we made it home.

Rob was great company and it was a pleasure to finally get to hang with Adam, super nice guy. Adam mentioned he might need help with his headliner..... so I guess I'll have a second chance to get lost again.

Coming Rob? :-D

LOL, Ya! What the hell.
We should find Carolyn for ha ha's. I think she'd be a trip to hang with.
And whoa, that lil' GTI has some chops. Handles real well.

LOL, Ya! What the hell.
We should find Carolyn for ha ha's. I think she'd be a trip to hang with.
And whoa, that lil' GTI has some chops. Handles real well.

Even on 2 wheels skimming gaurdrails..... :toothy10:

Yea, but I wasn't worried, I had my seat belt on and 500,000 in life insurance.
ROFLMAO

I dont know about you guys but I walked in the door and Michelle said I stuck of burger grease and the cats and dog wouldnt leave me alone.

I wisely left the oinions off so I wouldn't here about it. It's wacked, I can eat onions for lunch today, not see my wife until tomorrow for a late dinner and she'll tell me how many freakin onion slices where on whatever I ate.

At least I know what will keep here way from me when I need the peace and quite.

SOOOOOO, Adam, you have a head liner or that is in waiting?

-
Back