Cuda Al’s Great Adventure

-
I have a lot of stories, here is a short one. Back in 80's, 90's I did a lot of (mopars, of course<<). Ihad picked up another 69 Roadrunner, this was maybe '92 or 3? I cleaned it up, drove it down the road 5-6 miles. It ran pretty decent, did not smoke, or get hot. Had breaks, lights. Not too bad for a 25 year old car. Had decent old tires.
I had it advertised in MCG and a guy calls from upstate N.Y. around Lake Placid. He wants to fly in an drive it back, This is Missouri and Feb.! I give him all the info on this car, mail pics, next thing I know I make the our trip to KCI to pick him up, He has a leather jacket, no luggage. We go out to my shop, he looks it over, likes it ( darn solid car for a B Body), we drive it down the road -56 miles, runs good, stops good, steers pretty good, then the heater core begins to drip on the floor! Well he wants the runner, and I said lets run into town and get a new heater core. HE saaaays NO!!!! just bypass it and he will be off to North NY state!!!! NO heat! Feb! This is about 700-800 mi trip!
He calls back in a few days, made the trip great, little snow in NY and NO he did not freeze!!!!! Blew out one tire along the way but had a spare! Tickled with the Runner!!!!!
You got to love it!!

-
Back