Cuda Bumpers??

-

hdfattboy2001

Never Enough Cars!
Reaction score
Who do you guys recommend for new chrome bumpers for a 68 Barracuda....Either a swap program or straight new buy out....Looking for quality more than economy......
THANKS!

Brad

Stephens Performance (www.stephensperformance.com) advertises they will have new repro bumpers soon. I called last summer and they had no date.

I picked up one from the Bumper Boyz at a local show and it is nice. A buddy has had a pair on his Cuda for the past 5 years or so and they are holding up fine.

The other option is to send the ones you have to a chrome shop and have them redone. I am sending the one I removed to the local chromer this winter.

Tri-city Plating in Tennessee. They have a core program, they give $35.00 for your cores towards your purchase, and they do nice work. Look at the bumper on the 66 in my avatar, a Tri-city piece and about 5 years old. They will also take any additional Mopar bumpers as well and apply the number of bumpers X $35.00 towards your purchase. I have taken them over 20 bumpers at a time and got 2 replacements for free. I usually save them all year then call them to set up the exchange at the Nats or a show near me that they will be at to save shipping. They also take bumper guards and pay $8.00 to 15.00 depending on the guards. No rusted through cores though, they're good but rusted through holes aren't worth the trouble. Hope this helps, Geof

I took mine to a local placeand they did a great job. only $275 each,straightened and chromed.

I haven`t seen the repro bumpers yet so I can`t comment on their quality but from what I`ve seen with most repros, I think you`d be better off with a quality rechrome job like Tri-City. I had my Barracuda bumpers done at Hanlon Plating in Richmond, Va. and my Dart bumpers done at Tri-City in Tennessee. I can recommend them both. I think if you can save original parts you`re usually ahead in the game, there`s generally more integrity and a better fit with genuine parts.

-
Back