Cuda Capers: 10-07-07

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Today I decided to clean the old girl up. I gave her a sponge bath, and applied a nice coat of Mothers Califorina Gold Carnuba. Then I bolted on a few things....

This is why it's taking forever to get her done. I didn't want the rear bumper brackets bolting directly onto fresh paint, sooooo..... I made gaskets. You can also see the hardware I used that no one will ever see. But I know it's there.
Barracuda469-vi.jpg

Yeah Baby... nice & shiney!
Barracuda470-vi.jpg

Barracuda471-vi.jpg

Then we bolted everything on: For good. The bumpers look fantastic. This is what you get from Tri-City Plating. They bolted on PERFECT! I didn't have to Monkey around with anything.
Barracuda472-vi.jpg

This is a good angle.... I just wish I had my Hub Caps re-finished already so I could snap them on. Oh yeah... and glass. I wish the glass was in. I wish the glass was in because I have finally gotten the headliner straightened out. Next weekend I got some help coming over. Pray for me.
Barracuda474-vi.jpg

I pick up the sumped fuel tank next weekend and hopefully my fuel line will get here from Pro-Max. I had to go with their braided -6 set-up for the 6 Bbl. to match with the rest of the system.

Hmmm... let's see. Engine is in.... Harness is in.... fuel system will be plumbed this week. Maybe, just maybe, I can think about twisting the key and scaring the **** out of the neighbors. :snorting:

Barracuda469-vi.jpg

Barracuda469-vi.jpg

Barracuda470-vi.jpg

Barracuda470-vi.jpg

Barracuda471-vi.jpg

Barracuda471-vi.jpg

Barracuda472-vi.jpg

Barracuda472-vi.jpg

Barracuda474-vi.jpg

Barracuda474-vi.jpg

Hey, whats that spot on the rear 1/4? Oh man, nevermind, it's a smudge on my screen.

Looking good john, lookin good.

good call on the bumper bracket gaskets. i used a self adhesive black foam that i got from michaels arts and crafts that is 9"x12" for .99 and it worked great. looks great man. did you know that the backglass on our cudas is actually a structurally integral piece?

Shinning like a new penny.

Congratulations John.

You are doing a grade A job on the barracuda.

I think it is coming out beautiful. I'll show my husband later when he gets home. He is working on a 68 fastback also. What is the paint color?

Joanne

Hay John!! Joanne has a good question.
I was wondering my self!
It looks like a correl reef color of a barracuda.:blob:
Or a great color he found on a bass guitar:rock:

Sweeet! Don't forget to get a sound or movie clip when you first fire this thing up.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. To answer Joanne & Mike the color is LL1 Turquoise metallic. This is the original factory color. You have to see it in sun light.... wow.

And as for that video clip, you can count on it.... :thumrigh:

man, that thing really shines! VERY NICE!!
hope you getter done before snow flys. O:)

-
Back