Cuda Capers: 4-19-08

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Due to un-foreseen circumstances (I was half asleep...) I do NOT have photographs of todays adventures. I left my camera on the dinning room table when I left this morning. I promise to make up for it tomorrow.

I did re-position that fuel pump (The rubber feet were twisted the wrong way and I was loosing sleep... check the pictures from the previous post) I also cleaned and painted the driveshaft, installed the safety loop, and managed to acomplish all this WITH the assistence of my Wife, whom stopped by to say "HI" and I put her to work. I had her in the trunk holding the upper bolt heads while I loosen and repositioned the rubber insulators, then I had her in the car while I was underneath tightening the safety loop. And we actually had fun!

Before Amy got there I did wire up the fuel pump and did the soldering / shrink wrap / neat-as-a-pin installation. I also found out that my fuel filter wasn't tight! It's a two-piece barrel type and I never double-checked to make sure the 2 halves were tight. I'm glad I caught it now, and not with fresh gasoline puddling under the car! I also found out that the Comp Engineering sub-frame connectors are for the long wheelbase cars.... I have to trim them down. Oh well....

Tomorrow I finish the starter wiring, install the shifter linkage, and bleed the brakes.Then I can drop her back on her feet. If all goes well, I might be making some noise next weekend! And I PROMISE video of THAT!

BTW: I had a coffee and a toasted, buttered bagel. :iconbigg:

Due to un-foreseen circumstances (I was half asleep...) I do NOT have photographs of todays adventures. I left my camera on the dinning room table when I left this morning. I promise to make up for it tomorrow.

I did re-position that fuel pump (The rubber feet were twisted the wrong way and I was loosing sleep... check the pictures from the previous post) I also cleaned and painted the driveshaft, installed the safety loop, and managed to acomplish all this WITH the assistence of my Wife, whom stopped by to say "HI" and I put her to work. I had her in the trunk holding the upper bolt heads while I loosen and repositioned the rubber insulators, then I had her in the car while I was underneath tightening the safety loop. And we actually had fun!

Before Amy got there I did wire up the fuel pump and did the soldering / shrink wrap / neat-as-a-pin installation. I also found out that my fuel filter wasn't tight! It's a two-piece barrel type and I never double-checked to make sure the 2 halves were tight. I'm glad I caught it now, and not with fresh gasoline puddling under the car! I also found out that the Comp Engineering sub-frame connectors are for the long wheelbase cars.... I have to trim them down. Oh well....

Tomorrow I finish the starter wiring, install the shifter linkage, and bleed the brakes.Then I can drop her back on her feet. If all goes well, I might be making some noise next weekend! And I PROMISE video of THAT!

BTW: I had a coffee and a toasted, buttered bagel. :iconbigg:

Well John... you really inspired me to get on cold garage floor this winter and finish off the Fish. The dog and I exchanged only a few snarlly looks during the process.

I really thought my wheels would hit the ground before you. I can't believe all the brake issues... First a bad NEW MC, now I see my one caliper drips at the bleeder. I have to wait till Monday for a new caliper.

Keep up the good work John. You've done great detailing.

Jim

Keep up the good work John. You've done great detailing.

Jim

Thats the challenge. Years ago I was really into Model Car building to the point that I had stuff published in Scale Auto, Plastic Fanatic, Model Cars, Car Modeler, and even Custom Rodder when they had a model column. Not to mention hitting all the big model contests ( and placing...) from Mass. to Ohio. When I started this project I heard from everyone who's seen my models that they can't wait to see what I do with a full-size project. Therefore the insane, anal-retentive detailing. This is the type of work I did in 1/25 scale...how can I cut corners on the big one?

Besides...I'm really enjoying it. THAT'S the reason why we should all be doing this. When it stops being fun, then it's just another chore to finish. And I hate doing "chores". As a matter of fact, you should see how crappy my lawn looks at the house! Thanks for the compliments. It helps keep me going.

It's not a 'chore ' if you can convince the wifey to help!

I can't even get my son to help me! He's found the land of milk and honey...now he wants to marry her. And, he wants the Fish when I'm done with it. Ahhh youth!

Jim

After reading your post there John i see we have some things in common. Believe it or not there were no buddies around when i was putting the 440 in the Duster so the wife help me and also on the headers. Those smaller hands come in handy. I too was well into model cars when younger so i just look at my projects as big models. Show us pics when you can.

-
Back