Cuda Capers: 9-30-07

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I had a good weekend fooling with the car. The weather was PERFECT! I also found a place to sump my fuel tank. American Muffler in Rockville Center does some Hot Rod related services such as tanks, sub-frame connectors, and, naturally, exhaust systems. I drop it off tomorrow after work.

As for progress.... I installed the engine torque bar I got from Schumacher. Aside from drilling 2 holes in the K-frame (3 if you count the one I F`ed up...) it bolted right in without any drama.
Barracuda443-vi.jpg

Then we started playing with the intake. I cleaned up all the mounting holes and bought some nice stainless steel allen head bolts to mount the carbs.
Barracuda451-vi.jpg

Then we finished up modifing the carbs. I used Pro-Max's six pack kit which is basically the metering plates for the end carbs with replaceable jets:
Barracuda452-vi.jpg

The performance curve center carb metering plate:
Barracuda453-vi.jpg

Barracuda454-vi.jpg

And the rear carb throttle plate with re-positioned idle screws:
Barracuda455-vi.jpg

You have to hog out a portion of the bowl for screwdriver access. It looked OK to me, but I figured why have to do it later and I just did it now. Pro-Max recommends doing this so I did it.
Barracuda456-vi.jpg

The carb on the left has the Pro-Max throttle plate. The carb on the right is the stock throttle plate with the plugs popped out. I now have the ability to set the idle at not only the center carb, but at the corners too. The Pro-Max plate for the rear carb allows you to get at the idle screws without having the remove the center carb, which is a HUGE pain when using the factory plate. I also installed a power valve saver in the center carb body.
Barracuda448-vi.jpg

I also installed the billit dip stick and mounted the alternator. I made a specific trip to my neighborhood Sears hardware to get a black phosphate finish allen bolt to replace that stainless steel allen with the gold washer thats standing out in the picture. Now it's all nice and black.... :thumbup:

Barracuda457-vi.jpg

Slowly but surely, it's getting there. Now if I can only come to terms with that damn headliner....:scratch:

Barracuda443-vi.jpg

Barracuda443-vi.jpg

Barracuda451-vi.jpg

Barracuda451-vi.jpg

Barracuda452-vi.jpg

Barracuda452-vi.jpg

Barracuda453-vi.jpg

Barracuda453-vi.jpg

Barracuda454-vi.jpg

Barracuda454-vi.jpg

Barracuda455-vi.jpg

Barracuda455-vi.jpg

Barracuda456-vi.jpg

Barracuda456-vi.jpg

Barracuda448-vi.jpg

Barracuda448-vi.jpg

Barracuda457-vi.jpg

Barracuda457-vi.jpg

Your Fish is coming along nicely John!:headbang:
You'll be banging it threw the gears in no time!:burnout:

Looks great. I'll bet you're having fun at this stage seeing it come back together piece by piece.

Looks great. I'll bet you're having fun at this stage seeing it come back together piece by piece.

Thanks guys! It really has been enjoyable assembling the car.We've had a spectacular summer and nothing has "gone wrong..." so far. I go to the garage, fire up my Sirius boom box, and rock out. I haven't had friends stop by to "help" or BS.... I haven't had neighbors getting crazy(this is Queens.... it can be like the old wild west at times)... And almost everything I plan to do goes without a hitch. I really am enjoying myself. Even if the sunofabitch don't run, it's sure gonna LOOK good! :thumbup:

Yeah, next summer..... The car turns 40 and I turn 50. We party. :headbang:

-
Back