Cuda on the bay misrepresented

-
I would never buy any mopar that has the engine compartment painted black. To me that means at some point whomever allowed that to happen or did it themselves just has no respect or understanding of the marque and God only knows what else they've done to Chevy or Ford the car.

seems like something worked because the listing has been removed.
at least hopefully no one got scammed.
-Tim

its been relisted.

http://tinyurl.com/4h26g4

Item number: 110291588862

http://tinyurl.com/4a9ow2

Item number: 110290672469

1da2_12.JPG

At least now he is not cliaming it to be a correct Formula S and admidts no knoweldge of such.

Winning bid: US $4,850.00
Ended: Sep-24-08 18:00:00 PDT

On Sep-23-08 at 17:28:07 PDT, seller added the following information:

HELLO. GETTING A LOT OF QUESTIONS ON MY BUY NOW. MY BUY NOW IS $8500.00. CAR WAS ON BEFORE AND WAS AT $6800.00 WITH A COUPLE HOURS TO GO SATURDAY. EBAY ENDED AUCTION BECAUSE I HAD MAKE A FAIR OFFER IN MY ADD, THEY SAID THAT WAS AGAINST EBAY RULES. ANYWAY AUCTION ENDS TOMOROW. THIS IS A NO RESERVE AUCTION. THANK YOU FOR QUESTIONS AND INTEREST IN CUDA. THIS ONLY A THREE DAY AUCTION.

He claims this to be a Formula s I have emailed him to prevent someone being ripped off and he says its correct. If you look its a 120 speedo not a 150. It has a vacuum gauge instead of a tach and other things tell its not a Formula S. Just figured I would give guys here a heads up in case someone here was a bidder.

My 68 formula S doesn't have a 150 speedo, it has a 120 in it. The fender tag has the F7 - Barracuda Formula S package, my vin also is BH29P8B

Was the 150 speedo simply an option, I have the tach in the middle?????

I see this is kind of an older thread but just for the heck of it took a look at my 66 Barracuda brochure just to see what is says about a Formula S. Basically it says the Formula S package includes the Commando 273, rallye suspension and heavy duty shocks, wide rim (14 x 5 & 1/2 in ) wheels and special Blue Streak tires, tachometer, and the wheel covers that simulate bolt-on wheels. Says nothing about a 150MPH speedo. I was under the impression it was standard on the Formula S but guess it could have been optional. Does mention optional equipment as the new console for auto or 4 speed, and disc brakes as well as other optional equipment available on a regular Barracuda was also available on the Formula S-equipped model.

My 68 formula S doesn't have a 150 speedo, it has a 120 in it. The fender tag has the F7 - Barracuda Formula S package, my vin also is BH29P8B

Was the 150 speedo simply an option, I have the tach in the middle?????

I am not sure what they had in 68. I own a 66 and was referring to that year as I have looked at more of those.

Well, I'm not a Barracuda expert but the guy doesn't know squat about vin decoding. Also I have never heard of a 275 horse 273 except in a 66 D Dart.

You're right about the D/Dart as far as the factory goes. However, Chrysler put out a bulletin about retro-fitting the D-Dart goodies on 273 4 bbl models. No reason why the same thing could not have been done to any 273 4 bbl. If that is the case, the car should have a 750 cfm Holley, Doug's headers, and a 8 3/4 with 4.89:1 gears. The bulletin lists a Racecraft cam and other sources say it was made by Racer Brown. In either event, it would have a seriously lumpy idle.

I would never buy any mopar that has the engine compartment painted black. To me that means at some point whomever allowed that to happen or did it themselves just has no respect or understanding of the marque and God only knows what else they've done to Chevy or Ford the car.

It is not allways a respect or understanding thing. Some times it is a money thing.

028.jpg

-
Back