Not open for further replies.

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
From time to time, customers and just all-around great FABO members send me parts as trades / bill offsets or to just clean out the garage. It's awesome!

I've been putting in some serious overtime lately getting a few of these things cleaned up and restored. It's about time to get them out there and back into a car where they can be used and enjoyed. If you've been dying for a set of my Commandos or something, now's the time!!! You all know I don't advertise items for sale very often.

Please keep in mind that not all of this is ready to go yet but it's getting close.* As the parts get finished, I'll add more photos to this thread. I am not particularly interested in selling the parts until they have been finished and powder coated.

I will consider all reasonable offers. My PM in box is at 98% (as usual lol) so please email me directly or post your best offer(s) right here in this thread.

VALVE COVERS (small block):

Mopar Commando valve covers ... these are a typical PSC restoration including the black wrinkle finish (called "Wetstone Black"), polished and cleared fins, and plastic dip on the wire harness retainers. I still have to finish the buffing on the fins as well as the fins' clear coat so please give me a few days to finish them up. There's a bit of pitting on the top of one but it will be covered by the fins.

View attachment 073 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 075 - Copy.jpg

Mickey Thompson valve covers (Set No. 1) ... fully repaired, deburred, polished fins and logos, powder coated in a factory-style finish called "Silk Satin Black." The pcv knockouts are intact; comes with one baffle. These have nearly 11 labor hours in them and are now ready to go.

View attachment 042 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 032 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 034 - Copy.jpg

Mickey Thompson valve covers (Set No. 2) ... same as above, except this pair will be coated very shortly in the black wrinkle finish called "Wetstone Black" unless the buyer prefers a different color.

View attachment 064 - Copy.jpg

Holley valve covers ... all bodywork and repairs have been completed (note: they were pretty beat up). The ribs and logos cleaned up all right and should be suitable for polishing or a machine finish. They are still in bare aluminum and, as of this writing, can be powder coated per the buyer's specifications. Sorry, no photos yet but they look just like M/Ts with a HOLLEY logo instead.

PULLEYS (small block)

Complete set of March Performance serpentine pulleys in the factory box, powder coated in "Silk Satin Black." Includes the Allen head hardware (uncoated) and factory paperwork. They look like they've never been mounted on a motor. My hanging jig left a mark near the mounting hole on the crank pulley but it won't show up when they're installed.

View attachment 048 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 054 - Copy.jpg

BREATHER / AIR CLEANER

Edelbrock Elite air cleaner lid (I think it's a 14"). Missing a few of the black plastic inserts. Still bare aluminum and ready for your color choice! I can probably also come up with a base if you need one.

FUEL DELIVERY

[Sale Pending as of 11-10-2012]: Billy's tossed a Carb Shop 500 cfm 2 barrel race carb set up with 72 jets (no choke) into the mix. Nothing was powder coated on it except for a little bit of hardware in "Silk Satin Black." He got it in a trade for something, looked it over and it seems to work fine. He wants to get $200.00 out of it.

View attachment 017 - Copy.jpg

[Sale Pending as of 11-10-2012]: Used Dave Pletcher Racing aluminum carb adapter (4 barrel to 2 barrel) in "Silk Satin Black" with polished logo. It's my understanding these are mainly used for dirt track racing. A few dimples in the metal here and there but it cleaned up all right ... I'd give it a "decent 3-footer" rating. I can't tell if the front right bolt hole is just cut weird or has a helicoil (see pic). Asking $75.00 plus shipping, or only $50.00 if you buy the Carb Shop carburetor listed above too.

View attachment 024 - Copy.jpg

8 3/4 CARRIER HOUSINGS

#741 -- no locks or adjusters, and it has odd large Allen head bolts I've never seen before. Asking $50.00.

#742 -- I've had this for nearly two decades and am never going to use it. Asking $150.00.

MISCELLANEOUS

Two matching outdoor porch light fixtures for your garage or man cave. Not being car parts, these are the least closest to being finished. I have plans for them though :-D including new Lexan, and am thinking hard about sand etching a Mopar logo or pentastar into the front window of each one. Sorry, no pics of these yet ... but they'll be cool!! Most likely will be coated in a pewter or metallic silver but that's up to you too if you want them.

* Everything but the carburetor and carriers have been blasted and the initial deburring / prep is (or will be) finished shortly.

If the parts listed have not yet been powder coated, I can accommodate specific color requests upon payment of an advance deposit to secure the parts in your color(s). You can see examples of all of these powder colors on my website's Gallery of Work Samples.

I'll add more to this if there's anything I forgot about. (Hey, it was a short night -- sorry. :-D) Thanks for taking the time to read it!

if Wilde1 passes, please let me know, also interested in the pulleys

I would alos be intersted in the Commando valve covers
Ive waited months and months for a set of Cal Custom valve covers
Cheers
Gossy

Looks like there is quite a line up for the Commando V.C.'s. Leana, I would be interested in a pair if you aquire some down the line.

Wow, thanks for all the comments and inquiries! :-D

I edited my first post above to add a few photos of the finished / semi-finished parts, as well as bulking up the listing with more stuff from Billy. Additional pics are available upon request -- just shoot me your email address.

what year are the commando's,,

Bob, as far as I know, they're '66 or '67. The pics above should help.

Looks like there is quite a line up for the Commando V.C.'s. Leana, I would be interested in a pair if you aquire some down the line.

Minercar, I've got one stray leftover with the pcv grommet and wire harness retainers built in. I really have no idea when I'll get a mate for it but I'll keep you in mind.

Everyone's diggin' Leanna goin' Commando!!!! Ooooooh yeah!!! :D :thumbup: :headbang:

Wylde1.

LMAO @ goin' Commando!! Hey, whatever it takes to get ya'll to buy this stuff. :-D

Wow, thanks for all the comments and inquiries! :-D

Bob, as far as I know, they're '66 or '67. The pics above should help.

LMAO @ goin' Commando!! Hey, whatever it takes to get ya'll to buy this stuff. :-D

The commandos are 67.

Put me in line for the commandos if everyone else backs out.

I don't have prices posted on most of it but do keep track of the labor hours I'm devoting to each project. I bill at $25 an hour across the board. For reference, the Silk Satin Black and polished Mickey Thompsons (Set #1) have nearly 11 hours into them, and I suspect the second set will be very close to that as well by the time I get them finished. Grab a calculator and feel free to make me an offer!!! :-D Don't be shy guys ... I'm not retiring off of this post and do not intend to get rich off the parts sales. It's a tough economy.

I can vouch for the M/T set #1. They look just like the set I got a while back from mshred....and they are awesome! Nice work Leanna. :thumbrig::thumbrig:

Thank you gdrill < curtsey > ... I appreciate that and am happy you like the work. I hope you get many years of enjoyment and use out of them.

Damn...you do work.

From time to time, customers and just all-around great FABO members send me parts as trades / bill offsets or to just clean out the garage. It's awesome!

I've been putting in some serious overtime lately getting a few of these things cleaned up and restored. It's about time to get them out there and back into a car where they can be used and enjoyed. If you've been dying for a set of my Commandos or something, now's the time!!! You all know I don't advertise items for sale very often.

Please keep in mind that not all of this is ready to go yet but it's getting close.* As the parts get finished, I'll add more photos to this thread. I am not particularly interested in selling the parts until they have been finished and powder coated.

I will consider all reasonable offers. My PM in box is at 98% (as usual lol) so please email me directly or post your best offer(s) right here in this thread.

VALVE COVERS (small block):

Mopar Commando valve covers ... these are a typical PSC restoration including the black wrinkle finish (called "Wetstone Black"), polished and cleared fins, and plastic dip on the wire harness retainers. I still have to finish the buffing on the fins as well as the fins' clear coat so please give me a few days to finish them up. There's a bit of pitting on the top of one but it will be covered by the fins.

View attachment 1714559242

View attachment 1714559243

Mickey Thompson valve covers (Set No. 1) ... fully repaired, deburred, polished fins and logos, powder coated in a factory-style finish called "Silk Satin Black." The pcv knockouts are intact; comes with one baffle. These have nearly 11 labor hours in them and are now ready to go.

View attachment 1714559245

View attachment 1714559246

View attachment 1714559247

Mickey Thompson valve covers (Set No. 2) ... same as above, except this pair will be coated very shortly in the black wrinkle finish called "Wetstone Black" unless the buyer prefers a different color.

View attachment 1714559248

Holley valve covers ... all bodywork and repairs have been completed (note: they were pretty beat up). The ribs and logos cleaned up all right and should be suitable for polishing or a machine finish. They are still in bare aluminum and, as of this writing, can be powder coated per the buyer's specifications. Sorry, no photos yet but they look just like M/Ts with a HOLLEY logo instead.

PULLEYS (small block)

Complete set of March Performance serpentine pulleys in the factory box, powder coated in "Silk Satin Black." Includes the Allen head hardware (uncoated) and factory paperwork. They look like they've never been mounted on a motor. My hanging jig left a mark near the mounting hole on the crank pulley but it won't show up when they're installed.

View attachment 1714559250

View attachment 1714559249

BREATHER / AIR CLEANER

Edelbrock Elite air cleaner lid (I think it's a 14"). Missing a few of the black plastic inserts. Still bare aluminum and ready for your color choice! I can probably also come up with a base if you need one.

FUEL DELIVERY

Billy's tossed a Carb Shop 500 cfm 2 barrel race carb set up with 72 jets (no choke) into the mix. Nothing was powder coated on it except for a little bit of hardware in "Silk Satin Black." He got it in a trade for something, looked it over and it seems to work fine. He wants to get $200.00 out of it.

View attachment 1714559251

Used Dave Pletcher Racing aluminum carb adapter (4 barrel to 2 barrel) in "Silk Satin Black" with polished logo. It's my understanding these are mainly used for dirt track racing. A few dimples in the metal here and there but it cleaned up all right ... I'd give it a "decent 3-footer" rating. I can't tell if the front right bolt hole is just cut weird or has a helicoil (see pic). Asking $75.00 plus shipping, or only $50.00 if you buy the Carb Shop carburetor listed above too.

View attachment 1714559253

8 3/4 CARRIER HOUSINGS

#741 -- no locks or adjusters, and it has odd large Allen head bolts I've never seen before. Asking $50.00.

#742 -- I've had this for nearly two decades and am never going to use it. Asking $150.00.

MISCELLANEOUS

Two matching outdoor porch light fixtures for your garage or man cave. Not being car parts, these are the least closest to being finished. I have plans for them though :-D including new Lexan, and am thinking hard about sand etching a Mopar logo or pentastar into the front window of each one. Sorry, no pics of these yet ... but they'll be cool!! Most likely will be coated in a pewter or metallic silver but that's up to you too if you want them.

* Everything but the carburetor and carriers have been blasted and the initial deburring / prep is (or will be) finished shortly.

If the parts listed have not yet been powder coated, I can accommodate specific color requests upon payment of an advance deposit to secure the parts in your color(s). You can see examples of all of these powder colors on my website's Gallery of Work Samples.

I'll add more to this if there's anything I forgot about. (Hey, it was a short night -- sorry. :-D) Thanks for taking the time to read it!

The second set of M/Ts are cooling off now after the rest of the polishing and the Wetstone Black wrinkle got coated tonight. From what I can see in the oven light, they're going to look even better than Set No. 1. I'll post some pics after they're cooled off and inspected.

In the meantime, I did get some other pictures this afternoon of the Holleys and the porch / man cave fixtures. Here you go!

View attachment 005 - Copy.jpg

As I mentioned before, they were pretty beat up on arrival. The repairs are essentially completed but I haven't started any real deburring or polishing yet. The fuzzy, ragged edges on these ribs will not be a concern -- those M/Ts up there looked the same before I started on them too -- but I might not be able to totally get rid of the big chunk shown in the lower right. If I'm up to the usual par, t'll be tough to see even from up close ... but I doubt if I can eliminate it completely. It's pretty deep, and in a bad spot.

View attachment 006 - Copy.jpg

Here are the light fixtures:

View attachment 001 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 002 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 003 - Copy.jpg

This thread's had nearly 900 views. I've received a few PMs asking about prices for the Commandos and pulleys (and a bunch of quotes for other work :-D -- thank you!), but there are no offers pending on anything yet.

I hate to admit this but I need to be straight up here. Buying my new 5 foot blast cabinet in September was a wonderful thing and has already helped speed the workflow ... but it pretty much wiped out the bank account. I want to have some sort of Christmas this year (been trying since Katrina lol) and Billy wants an SKS or an AK47 so pleeeease don't be shy with the offers (or gun trades hmmmmmmm). I'd love to see this stuff go to good homes and great cars. :-D And I could use the cash. Thanks as always!!! <<< hugs all around >>>

The title says "CudaChick1968's Personal Powder Coated Parts For Sale "

So which parts of CudaChick are for sale?

I can think of a few that I'd like to get my hands on.... Or buy the whole thing...

LOL!!!

Sorry, that just keeps popping in my mind every time I read the title....

Ok, back to the program...

Email sent with offer for parts.

Let's start a "Cudachick your pm box is full thread...."

No it's not. :-D

Welcome, CudaChick1968. Your PM box is 99% full. But it's close.

I have a better idea for a thread Karl.

"Can You Believe It??? KrazyKuda Just Bought All of CudaChick1968's Personal Powder Coated Parts She Had For Sale."

:prayer: :wack: :wav: :angel13:

Thanks for the bump doll! Even though it's Saturday, I might have to post some pics of the wrinkled Mickeys.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noooooooooooo, I'm talking about valve covers. :-D

Leanna, it looks like I've bitten off more than I can chew financially. I'll have to pass on the pulleys. Too many bills between now and Christmas. Not including needing winter tires and rims for the van, driver's license and plate sticker renewals. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

2darts was next I think and alot of others as well. Sorry I wasn't on here yesterday to let you know sooner.

Wylde1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back