curious yellow or black?

-

moparkid340

Reaction score
Picture016.jpg

Picture025.jpg

i cant decide betwine curious yellow or gloss black. ither way i want the hood and top of fenders black with a black 340 stripe. i painted the bad qouter panel on the car today the way id liek to paint the hole car yellow. wat do yall think. black or curious yellow? i relly think im leaning more towards the yellow even tho my engine bay is black as well as my door jams. if i go with yello i will redo the door jams but im not pulling the motor back out AGAIN. ill just leave it gloss black.

i cant decide betwine curious yellow or gloss black. ither way i want the hood and top of fenders black with a black 340 stripe. i painted the bad qouter panel on the car today the way id liek to paint the hole car yellow. wat do yall think. black or curious yellow? i relly think im leaning more towards the yellow even tho my engine bay is black as well as my door jams. if i go with yello i will redo the door jams but im not pulling the motor back out AGAIN. ill just leave it gloss black.

I'll Photochop ya something tomorrow (my battery's dying on my laptop and I forgot my power adapter at work. D'oh!). Since I've done a few 'chops of Dusters lately, it shouldn't take me too long :thumblef:.

Yellow.
Black is a cool color and will make any car look mean but if you have any doubt in your bodywork skills they will show up real fast. It has to be tits on perfect to be black.

Yellow Yellow yellow,:rock:
It has to be tits on perfect to be black like 360scamp put so well.O:)

I've owned my less than perfect black Barracuda for 8 years now and I love it! I didn't know I would love a black car so much. Even though every little scratch, ding, blemish and paint flake shows, it's just an awesome classic look on a vintage car. It's sinister yet classy. I keep my car cover on it as much as possible and use a magic duster or whatever they are called to clean dust off it.

I don't think I want to own any other colour of vintage car. If I was you, I'd go black.

I`m with Memike on this one, black paint has to be on flawless bodywork to really do it justice whereas yellow is very forgiving. Unless you want to be block sanding for the next year I`d go with yellow. You can always put stripes ,spoilers ,a hood scoop ,or a black out hood on it.

You know man, every Tom, Dick, and Larry can give you their opinion on what YOU should do with YOUR car, but I say go with what you like best. Kinda like some of the others have posted... Black is a sinister look that looks good on all classic vehicles and yellow is gonna be an eye-catcher every time you turn a corner. Final decision is yours and none of us can make it for you. You're the one that has to drive it and if you're not happy with what you're drivin, then why did you put all the blood, sweat, and tears into it that you did???? Just a little food for thought...

I chose to paint my Duster yellow 6 years since I was new to doing bodywork. As some have pointed out, black requires perfect sheet metal. But, I always wanted it black. so now, I'm in the process of tearing it apart to paint it black.

Yup, she's a ***** to keep clean but she does stand out, even the stripes are flat black, hell everythings black cuss there was a sale on.

Terry:burnout:

P6020033 (Medium).JPG

Curious Yellow / Citron Yella kicks man. Though I'm bias, I've gotten nothing but positive remarks about mine. It's a B-Body but here ya go.

But you will want to stripe it. There is a lot of yellow to look at if you don't. Here is when My Charger when it had it's 6 pack hood.

100_1741 (Medium).JPG

wats a good base coat for the yellow? i painted the test panel over gray primer and it just dont lok like curious yellow to me.

wats a good base coat for the yellow? i painted the test panel over gray primer and it just dont lok like curious yellow to me.

I just used Grey, It worked fine. You will notice that the color is odd in that sometimes it's greenish and others it's yellow.

When the sun hits it directly it's very Yellow, but shade and night show the green much more. here is a pic showing the green more.

100_1591 (Medium).JPG

Judging by your comments, you probably don't have a lot of experience painting.

IF that is the case, Yellow. Also, I've seen engine bays painted 'half' body color and the bottom half black. Actually, I saw a picture of one here (FABO) recently and it looked good. I think he used the slanted lips on the firewall as the color divider IIRC.

I prefer Yellow on Duster's more then black. A black stripe would look great on Yellow too.

Some painters like to use a white base under yellow to help it cover.

Im stuck between Red and Yellow for my car.

yea ahh im 18 and this is my first car . iv had it since i was like 15. never painted a ar before.

im in the process of body work with my 71 duster but im going to paint it curious yellow just due to with black in az you can't keep clean no matter what. im not a big fan of yellow on cars but with mopar yellow just fits (besides italian exotics).

-
Back