Current head options for magnum

-

Dragonbat13

Reaction score
Hi, I got a bad motor in my Durango and need some magnum advice.

From what I'm seeing eq heads are hard to get.

What are the current budget offerings? This won't be a high performance build, just as much as I can get out of a 318 with the factory 98 computer.

What are some budget minded iron and aluminum heads I need to to look at.

Plan on getting bare heads and sending them to a shop to be built.

I wanted some eq's. The heads Hughes offers are an option but I don't need all the expensive stuff with their heads.

Trickflow heads are probably at the top of my budget.

Aluminum would be nice to get a little more compression, if possible, and for the repairability of aluminum.

Truck is 4wd with 3.91 gears, 44re fwiw.

Engine is being built with towing in mind, if it gets fixed at all.

Thanks

Oh, I called imm, waiting on a call back.

Screenshot_20220511-120544_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20220511-120627_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20220511-120742_Firefox.jpg

Only 100 bucks more ^^^ with valves , springs, and assembled. And 1 year warranty.

Screenshot_20220511-120826_Firefox.jpg

Pretty much any magnum head available these days are the exact same chinese casting. That said, I keep magnum replacement castings in stock, and would be happy to build you a set. PM if interested.

That’s an offer from a fella I’d take up on in a second.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but it's quite obvious that the design of the valve's does increase the chamber volume in cc's, and this is what will / does affect the final compression ratio as I said earlier it may not be a huge difference but it's a difference when you want ever bit of power that you can get.

They are the tulip design, it may not be a big drop in the compression, but they do affect it.
Tulip, Thats the back side of the valve not in the chamber which does not effect the compression ratio.
I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but it's quite obvious that the design of the valve's does increase the chamber volume in cc's, and this is what will / does affect the final compression ratio as I said earlier it may not be a huge difference but it's a difference when you want ever bit of power that you can get.
The side of the valve in the chamber will effect the compression ratio, true. Not the backside which dictates the valve design between a nailhead or a tulip.

Tne valve face differences between any valve is what is made by the manufacturer and not a inherited issue because it is a nail head or a tulip.

-
Back