current muscle car values

-
not a ton of people recore radiators anymore because new alumn ones are so cheap. i prefer the look of the stock ones. had the one for our dart recored with a high efficiency core. ***** cost me 600 bucks but it works and looks right. could have done an alumn one for half or less...

View attachment 1715398909

Aluminum radiators are not always an option for me. I don’t think they even make them for an early a body, where I want to run my shroud and 17” fan. This radiator I just had done was a 956, not easy to find and necessary for the car. Maybe I could’ve gotten an aluminum one for 1/2 the price, but it would’ve devalued the car by way more than that not having the original radiator in it. And since I had the radiator, that’s what I used. $400 is a very good price to have a radiator recored, and it will do all of the cooling I need it to do with ease now.

I've been looking at Hagerty's and A-bodies are rising in value. Maybe because they were not valued high enough for a while.

Joe, is your car Burnt Orange?
Yes.

DSC_0092.jpg

I have had my 340 dart swinger since 1981 and the only I care about what it is worth is when keeping the value correct for the insurance company and I ended up with a stated value policy

I screwed up back in the early 2000's. I had my original radiator, but somewhere before me the fan obviously collided with the radiator and gouged it good...yet it didn't leak. Anyhow, it ran hot so I had a new radiator put in it. It was just a mom and pop shop but they still just replaced with a new one rather than re-core my original.

not a ton of people recore radiators anymore because new alumn ones are so cheap. i prefer the look of the stock ones. had the one for our dart recored with a high efficiency core. ***** cost me 600 bucks but it works and looks right. could have done an alumn one for half or less...

Mom and pop radiator shops are a dying breed! EPA is part of their problem, plus just dying off. All we see is aluminm rad. and electric fans, Wow I wonder how is old farts ever got down the road back in the day!!??????

I screwed up back in the early 2000's. I had my original radiator, but somewhere before me the fan obviously collided with the radiator and gouged it good...yet it didn't leak. Anyhow, it ran hot so I had a new radiator put in it. It was just a mom and pop shop but they still just replaced with a new one rather than re-core my original.

Ouch, that hurts, and it’s too late to reverse that by the time you realize it. I have a “buddy” that has a big block convertible 68 Cuda. His car was in a fender bender in 1971 and put away just like that. He brought it home after 35 years, and immediately started to screw things up. First thing he did was take out the radiator and throw it in his pile of scrap radiators. I asked him what happened to it and he said he threw it in the scrap because it was bent. A $900 mistake. Luckily I pulled it from the rubble, hit him over the head with it, and told him not to touch the car unless I was there to help. He must’ve been listening, he hasn’t touched in since. Won’t sell it either, says maybe for $100k!

43A8D836-BD9F-41BD-BF8D-53A130969963.jpeg

9BD4D298-827C-4505-919A-7DFA69A63632.jpeg

good quality aluminum rads can look presentable.
Here's my aluminum Griffin. 2 rows of 1 1/4" tubes keep it at 185 idling in heat.None of my recored originals would do that. Just paint them correctly.
IMG_3317.JPG

good quality aluminum rads can look presentable.
Here's my aluminum Griffin. 2 rows of 1 1/4" tubes keep it at 185 idling in heat.None of my recored originals would do that. Just paint them correctly.
View attachment 1715399447
IMG_0539 (3).jpg

not stock, but a testament to griffin quality, bent up about an 1 1/4"-1 1/2" when car fell of of a floorjack. I air tested it and put it back in, been in the car doing its duty for about 5-6 yrs now / no leaks !

I had a 1917 Model T Touring before buying my '73 Dart Sport. I sold it for $10,500 in 2010. We had bought it in 2006 and just fixed a few things. Driving it was can of a death trap with today's modern cars and their short attention span drivers.

-
Back