Curses, chineesiomed again (fuel sender)

-

69conv

error 401
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A little background. A few years ago I rebuilt my fuel system. New tank, sender, Holley blue fuel pump, regulator, fuel line, filter, carb, everything. Going for a ride to celebrate fathers day with the family, car stutters and acts starved for gas! Limp it back home at 30 mph (while I get thumbs up from others) and park it in the garage. Look at filter first, pump second and fuel line third. getting weak fuel delivery. Finally open the tank and look at the sender.

Pump probably weak. Do you have the pump in the rear at the tank? Filter up at engine before Regulator?

Need a heavy gauge 12 volt wire to carry the current to power it, otherwise is runs under powered with a standard 14 gauge wire.

Can run a Relay that sends the Heavy wire to the back also.

Screenshot_20230712-211939_Firefox.jpg

20230712_212754.jpg

Screenshot_20230712-213115_Gallery.jpg

☆☆☆☆☆

When I removed the sending unit, I noticed the sock was all the way down against the flat end of the inlet. It must have moved from the vibration cause it worked fine for years. The sock has a sealed end to it for some reason. I remember the original sock being mesh on the sides and ends. So I put a dimple on the inlet line to prevent the sock from moving too far, and then I cut a diagonal on the end of the inlet jus to be on the safe side. I hate going into the fuel tank so hopefully this is the last time.

30452707253073.jpeg

30452707316437.jpeg

30452707237607.jpeg

Reinstalled and filled 1/2 tank and got a full steady stream at the carb. (and no leaks). Shes a happy camper now.

A hose clamp would be a easy fix. Is that little dimple there to prevent the filter from moving?

Yes that little dimple prevents the filter from closing off the inlet by going to far. Tough to see but I kinda flared the end to prevent it slipping off the end also.

-
Back