Custom '67 Grille....

-

Fishy

Monkey with a wrench.
Reaction score
Ok I got the idea from one of the model box pics posted up by Fastback340 (thanks for that by the way hahaha) ran it by my older brother and we just love the idea!! This is just a quick photochop but what do you guys think??
Gimme the good and the bad....

1967plymouthbarracuda-body-lightbox.jpg

That's bad-*** beyond belief!!!!!!!.......looks very "Charger-esque". I wouldn't care if I had to go out and open them up manually every night!

Headlights would be recessed behind the grille. Still working out front turn signal issues. We thought baby Charger too :p We have a couple trashed grilles I'm working fixing up, that we can cut up for the donor parts. (oh and that's not my car. Just a pic I pulled off Google.)

When I get around to doing the rest of the car, yeah we're going outside the box!! ;)

That's cool. If the lights could work like the Charger that would be awesome! I hate seeing the lights behind the grill, but its probably the easiest way to get it done.
How about the turn signals under the bumper/above the front pan, but a different make so they fit?
I heard that the 67 grills were actually made from the same material that was found on the old florescent lights- like the ones in schools, gyms, etc. Maybe you could source big enough pieces from old lights?

DSC03938.JPG

How about fixed crescent shaped turn signal lights on the outer corners with the hideaway headlights?

((-------------))

That's cool. If the lights could work like the Charger that would be awesome! I hate seeing the lights behind the grill, but its probably the easiest way to get it done.
How about the turn signals under the bumper/above the front pan, but a different make so they fit?
I heard that the 67 grills were actually made from the same material that was found on the old florescent lights- like the ones in schools, gyms, etc. Maybe you could source big enough pieces from old lights?

I have a few ideas I can source bits from. :) Thanks for that tip though. Would never have thought about that!

Hey, don't forget.....all those L.E.D. turn signals that are being used by all the Harley boys. Those cycle turn signals are bright as hell and TINY! Put 'em behind the grille or below the bumper.

I love it, very nice! It is hard to improve on that front end, and you have done it.

I love it, very nice! It is hard to improve on that front end, and you have done it.
LOL Thanks man!! :D

Yeah planning out ANY custom touches to the 2nd gen Fish is a P.I.T.A!!!!

Hey, don't forget.....all those L.E.D. turn signals that are being used by all the Harley boys. Those cycle turn signals are bright as hell and TINY! Put 'em behind the grille or below the bumper.

Another good idea. Planning on LED headlights and tail lights too. The headlights go for about $250 each right now but I'll wait til they come down a bit. The LED tail lights, my bro knows a guy who can pull it off. ;)

-
Back