Custom Cane with mopar flavor

-

KramerSwinger70

70 Dart Swinger360
Reaction score
My uncle, who I can thank for gettin me into mopars, walks with a cane. Always has Unfortunatly. Today I had an idea to "build" him a custom cane. Kinda a hotrod idea somethin he would use as car shows. Toughest part is the grip. I wanted a wood grain pistol grip shifter handle, angled forward for comfort. Flames, a bumblebee stripe and a mopar M on the shaft. No clue where to start and I can't even get a handle for under $250 it appears. Any ideas?

Nice idea. It sounds like you need to find someone to do a custom walking stick. You might try checking out a craft fair or show. If you don't find anyone doing sticks there you could ask a few of the vendors. Most of them know the other locals in the business.
A 'net search might turn up someone also.
C

My uncle, who I can thank for gettin me into mopars, walks with a cane. Always has Unfortunatly. Today I had an idea to "build" him a custom cane. Kinda a hotrod idea somethin he would use as car shows. Toughest part is the grip. I wanted a wood grain pistol grip shifter handle, angled forward for comfort. Flames, a bumblebee stripe and a mopar M on the shaft. No clue where to start and I can't even get a handle for under $250 it appears. Any ideas?

That is a wonderful thing for you to do. It is the old timers we have to thank for what we still have.

I imagine using an old slant-6 cam with a U-joint out of a steering linkage for the foot would be rather heavy as a cane. it would certainly get comments at car shows though! Maybe a machine shop could hollow it out a bit?

Have you tried Gearvenders ? Here's a few choices.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=pistol+grip+shifter

You can get a metal pistol grip shifter at most parts stores my friend got one for like $20 an painted it white and stuck it in his charger, looked great

-
Back