custom door panels

-
The panels look great. I like the way you've picked up the exterior style on them.

While I like the look, I think I'm sticking with upholstery. The plexiglass presents a hard surface that will give my tunes an odd tone quality. I'd also think those things are going to be tough to keep from resonating sound from outside as well as inside.

i figure ill put sound deadener on the inside of the door skins,and plastic right behind the door panels,unless i can find another suitable product to fit behind them.Im gonna be making another set of these door panels for a freind,along with a rear speaker shelf,Fiberglassing the arm rests to be painted smooth and shiny.Trying to figure out how to do a headliner that can be painted.Im wondering if anybody would be interested in buying some of these door panels and speaker shelves.I think i can do a matched set for $400.00,materials are so high now a days.I dont think thats too expensive,considering the cost of repro door panels and speaker shelves.Also,im planning to make some panels for the trunk,to give it a finished,custom look too.What do yall think?

just for some of yall to see whats up.I wish i had more time to get the inside of the doors painted,the dash,console,etc,to make it all start looking like something.Ive got to get the floors sanded,primed and painted pretty soon too.I found rust scale under the carpet,but no holes yet,thank goodness.

025.jpg

024.jpg

022.jpg

021.jpg

020.jpg

Toby, you suck :lol: Makes my custom interior look like a grocery getter Doh!!

NICE WORK :thumbup:

Toby,

Looks good!! I agree with the other "poster" who suggested painting everything on the back-side of the plexi-glass for longevity's sake. Of course that will take some brain twistin' to see and do backwards.
Good Luck with your endeavors and keep us updated with many, many pictures!

-
Back