Custom fabbed headers for a 66-Abody???

-

greenhornet

Reaction score
I've not really gotten into full blown research on 383/440 headers for a 66-Valiant yet, what I have seen is that these fenderwell A-body header prices are going to stick me with a set of stock manifolds if I don't come up with someting else, thats just "BUDGET REALITY".... Has anyone on here ever tried to modify a set of 55-57 small block chevy fenderwell headers to fit a big block A-body, of course you would have to use mopar mounting flanges and maybe change some angles but the pipes are layed out about the same, chevy headers are dirt cheap compaired to mopar....

115927m3.jpg

I'm building a straight axle gasser, I might have a liittle more "wiggle room" as far as inner fender wells, I can also re-locate the upper shock mounts...

Without fenderwells and torsion bars in the way you'd probably be able to use B/E body headers without issue.

Without fenderwells and torsion bars in the way you'd probably be able to use B/E body headers without issue.

You're right... I was thinkin' outside the frame because 66's are narrower, without torsion bars and colume shift linkage, I probably can run inside the frame, I'll also have a mini-starter...

-
Back