Custom gauge cluster?

-

65meanFISH

Reaction score
Would any of you guys know who I could go to for a new gauge cluster for my 65 Barracuda? I want to delete the turn signals and the other 2 lights from the cluster and I want the 2 gauge rings deleted. If any of you guys could help me out with finding someone that can make a new cluster in the original design without these features that would be great.
I basically want to delete the 3-4 lights from the cluster and the rings to put in a new pair of gauges from New Vintage usa. The 1969 series 3-1 gauges. They have built in turn signals and warning lights. Just something I want to do.

Whatever you do will probably be expensive to have done. You can do a lot of customizing with the type of plastic used on the dash bezels, but it's labor intensive.

To make a custom center console, I cut the gauge rings off '64 dash, machined a groove into the back side to fit aftermarket gauges, and then had them rechromed. The rings also had a couple of damaged spots, so I melted scrap plastic with acetone and made a paste to fill the chipped area, then sanded it. The result is custom gauges that look almost OEM, but it was a lot of work.

I imagine you could do something similar using parts and pieces from another '65 bezel, or another dash that's closer to what you want, but as you've discovered, finding a talented person to take on the project isn't easy...and it won't be cheap.

BTW, that's the first time I've seen that company and I love the vintage look of their products. I already picked out a set for my '56 Plymouth.

The plastic is abs. Harbor Freight Tools sells a plastic welding kit that works well. If you plan to have the bezel re chromed your work will need to be very smooth. I use the sanding blocks meant for buffing finger nails. I'll wear out more than one smoothing and polishing the plastic for re-chrome.

-
Back