Custom Gauge Clusters?

-

74DartSwinger360

The Brat Pack
Reaction score
Want to put a custom gauge cluster in my 1974 Dart Swinger. What would be some good premaid panels or ways for me to make one.

Any help is appreciated.

Fast Lane West sells a plastic one which is kind of flimsy but ok if you tight on money. If money isn't an object to you,just get a nice one from Peak Dashes which is maded from aluminum. He is a member here and goes by CashA10.

Fast Lane West dash bezel without the gauges. You can also get one with gauges installed as well from what I seen from their website.
IMG_4723.jpg

Peak Dashes aluminum. This is an earlier pic before I finished putting all my gauges in.
i24699.jpg

A guy on FABO had an extra factory cluster and cut out all but a lip of the backing. Then he laid in a piece of carbon fiber. He cut out some gauge sized pieces of paper and worked out the way he wanted the gauges, cut the holes and installed his gauges. It looked very good. Or you can do what I did and buy the fastlanewest package. It is flimsy, but it looks good. I was looking at almost $1000 of gauges and senders to make my own, so this was easier to take.

View attachment custom dash installed 3.jpg

View attachment custom dash installed 2.jpg

Thanks I had seen one I dont remember the company but the tach and speedo holes were on the far right and to the left it had 4-2 1/16 gauges stacked on top of eachother in two rows. It had holes for the wiper and headlight switches in stock location. Does anyone know how makes it?

If the tach and speedo holes are on the outside, it will be very hard to see. 392Mopar tried different ways but found the center and right center were best. I like his layout better than mine, because I have to tilt my head to see the temp gauge, but I can see my speedo and tach perfectly. You will have to keep in mind the important gauges you need to see quickly and easily.

I ended up using factory switches in my fastlanewest. I had to use a die grinder and cut the hell out of the headlight switch backing to get it to fit.

say NO to fastlanewest inserts, they're just too flimsy and not worth the $$.
I spruced mine up with 3M di-loc shrink wrap to cover up the phoney carbon fiber look crap that they sell but it still was a flimsy POS.
I'm currently following 392 Hemi's lead and fashioning my own from the origional insert.

Attachments

• may26,2012 026_1.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 872
say NO to fastlanewest inserts, they're just too flimsy and not worth the $$.
I spruced mine up with 3M di-loc shrink wrap to cover up the phoney carbon fiber look crap that they sell but it still was a flimsy POS.
I'm currently following 392 Hemi's lead and fashioning my own from the origional insert.

I like your dash. So you cut the back panel out and put a piece of plastic? or what?

For what Its worth here is my custom made dash with custom wiper and head light knobs relocated in the dash.

Attachments

• custom dash.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 669
this is what i did with mine. i cut the entire face out of my dash frame and fabricated a whole new dash panel.

[ame=http://s370.photobucket.com/albums/oo147/johnnydart_photo/?action=view&current=dashvideo.mp4]
th_dashvideo.jpg
[/ame]

-
Back