Custom Grille Complete

-

321Scamp

Reaction score
Well after some long hours and a lot of patients, my grille is done. I need to replace my turn signal flasher because of the LEDs but thats all that is left. What you guys think?

By the way, where is the flasher located? I found the one for the hazards but cant find the turn flasher. It sounds like it is behind the ash tray. Is that right?

100_1130.JPG

100_1131.JPG

100_1134.JPG

100_1133.JPG

Here are some pics that are kind of a time line of the grilles progress.

100_1116.JPG

100_1117.JPG

100_1123.JPG

On the turn signals, did you use the lights and housings form another grille?

It looks stock, but different. I like it.

Side note,
Putco makes a kit that puts a resister inline that allows LED bulbs to be used where incandescent bulbs used to be.

On the turn signals, did you use the lights and housings form another grille?

It looks stock, but different. I like it.

I just cut some plexiglas and attached it to it. And the lights are aftermarket stick on led strip lights.

I thought bout doing the inline resistor deal, but i did that myself on the running light wire cause the leds are 2 wire. So to make it work as factory, i ran a resistor and a diode to the running light and just a diode to the turn wire then they both connect to the single power wire of the led. So i not sure if the resistor would mess that deal up or not. Need to do more research.

I really like that ! The smaller park lamp fixture suits the lines much better than the originals.

I got my turn signals working now so it is all good. Thanks for all your positive feedback. It was just a idea i had after looking at the different things that i need to work on when it comes time to do the rust repair.

Scamp
you have inspired me to do something to my grill.
did you use two grills and cut and paste, if so what adhesive did you use?
Andrew

Scamp
you have inspired me to do something to my grill.
did you use two grills and cut and paste, if so what adhesive did you use?
Andrew

Yea, i got two grilles when went to the Mopar Nats. One was all broke and in bad shape so i used it as the donor grille. Then i found one in good shape as the main grille.

The adhesive stuff i used was a stuff call Plast-aid. I would say any two part epoxy for plastic that you can get at any auto parts would work. The only thing the Plast-aid had over that stuff was you can make parts too. Here is link to a site of this stuff.... http://www.plast-aid.com/index.html

-
Back