Custom inner cowl

-

ChrisRomello

Reaction score
has anyone here ever re-made these pieces by hand? I'd like to see some pics. Any ideas if I were to scrap the old heater box and do something custom/upgraded?
IMG_5925.JPG

IMG_5926.JPG

Holy cow.

Yeah that's not a piece you want to make. I'd contact whitepunkonnitro or someone else like him that parts cars, you'll need to find a original to replace that correctly unless you have a whole lot of time and metal working skills. Honestly, unless that car has a ton of sentimental value, you could find a much more solid example and come out WAY ahead on cost/labor/time. I'm usually for saving everything, but that old girl is more air than car. Your efforts might be better spent on something a little more solid.

Holy cow.

Yeah that's not a piece you want to make. I'd contact whitepunkonnitro or someone else like him that parts cars, you'll need to find a original to replace that correctly unless you have a whole lot of time and metal working skills. Honestly, unless that car has a ton of sentimental value, you could find a much more solid example and come out WAY ahead on cost/labor/time. I'm usually for saving everything, but that old girl is more air than car. Your efforts might be better spent on something a little more solid.
This is actually the worst part of the car. I have already replaced the floors and I already have parts to do the other body work. I got a whole front end from the cowl/firewall up to the radiator support to fix all of this rust but the inner cowl still has more rust han I would like.

That is exactly the piece that I am working right now on my 66 Dart. Not an easy task to do. Bought the entire piece from Whitepunkonnitro (Tony) and was glad that I did. Great guy to get parts from...Good luck!!!!

-
Back