Custom instrument clusters for a bodies

-
Doing it yourself is really rewarding...it looks like the metal will fit flat..then you put your gauges in..unless they are larger models ? It is a very clean look. Never got the plastic wood grain.

Love the mopar m.

I hate that wood grain. The funny thing is the guy i bought the car from removed all the origional black/silver parts and replaced them with the wood grain stuff. at least i got the origional parts with the car.

I might have to go a differant route. I only have about 1 3/4" of clear lens that can be cut away on that cluster and might be able to get maximum 2" piece in there. Looks like the 71 and later clusters without the sweep type speedo are quite a bit wider. And looking at pictures my only way to use a 71 and later cluster would be to get a whole new dash. Since my cutoff in the frame is wider. Im going to play with it a bit when i can get some time and see if i can be creative with it.

I know you guys are talking about a different year and model. But I am looking for the same for a 1968 Plymouth Barracuda. Someone mention the RM dash and it went out of business. Would it be worth it to try a wanted ad to see if one comes along? Or anyone run across a company willing to make a custom dash? Just a thought. I did look at Dakota dash with no luck. Although I emailed them in hopes they would be willing to make me one.

The wide instrument panels like rally panels do offer a lot more area for instruments but... if the gauges placed far right are set back like OEM and not angled to face left, their screens wont be fully visible from the drivers seat.

-
Back