Custom wheel adapters, check these guys out

-

71DodgeDemon340

Reaction score
Hey everyone just got my custom wheel adapters in for my demon from wheeladapter.com
I gotta say i am very pleased with the quality and service,
Solved a delema going from 5x4" bolt pattern to 5x4.5" wheels on the rear of my demon,
Plus i wanted to get something more solid than the cast adapters which have held up on many hole shots.
Gave them the measurements and they fit perfect, also able to keep everything hub centric
And the operator of design deluxe mfg. is none other than Fred goeske who was apperently a hell of a racer and drag raced some mopars, pretty cool stuff

looks good
no worries about the local dragstrip letting you use these?

and cost wise?

Idk if there are any limitations on strip use, its mainly a street car, but what they dont know wont hurt em lol

Cost wise for the pair, with studs and 20 lugs nuts which they included, shipping and everything was 190.00

I have these on the back of my Valiant as a temporary setup while building my 8-3/4.

Very nice product those guys put out. I've got a set of 4 from them when i put Viper wheels on my Dakota RT. They fit absolutely perfect. Truck looks mean with the 19x13's on the back and 18x10's on the front.

190 for 2, thats not a bad price considering they are custom made to your measurements, universal ones will prob cost at least 100 for a pair if not more, and made from a cheaper material

Only needed 2 the rear is a 68 sbp and i converted the front to the lbp disc brake and run the 15x7 rally wheels all the way around, plus the adapters help me use a 275 tire on the back by bringing the tires away from the leaf springs, yet not too far out where they rub the lip on the wheel well

190 for 2, thats not a bad price considering they are custom made to your measurements, universal ones will prob cost at least 100 for a pair if not more, and made from a cheaper material

off course, now that he paid for the research and design of the first set we could probable have them make us a set for about $50.00 :D

Exactly, the old style cast ones worked great with the backspacing i have, the one inch made the offset of the wheels perfect, plus i wanted to over do it and have a extremely strong adapter, i know the axles can handle it, but if i got axles made for the lbp then id have to get wheels made too

They should be pretty tough, strong enough for a 400 hp 340, now maybe if i was getting up into the 650hp+ range id be a little concerned, but i dont think there will be any issues

ALCOA 6061-T6 billet aluminum Is pretty tough

I like the fact that it has a center register . First adapters i've seen with that feature. Wouldn't mind some spacers like that to move My rear wheels out an inch or so .

They us them on 4X4 mud trucks all the time plenty strong I posted his web site up in another thread awhile back has his racing history on it. He has been doing it for a long time not a fly by night company.

Very nice guys, gave him axle bolt pattern, hub dia, wheel bolt pattern and wheel pilot hole all with about .010" tolerance and they fit perfect. Dean was the guy i believed i talked too. Searched wheel adapters on google and i think they are ine of the first 3 that pop up, so i knew they had to be worth checking them out. Plus i like the fact that they wont change nuber of lugs, only bolt patterns. Makes me feel good knowing they arent ones to do sketchy work or stuff that shouldnt be done

May I ask how much it makes the wheel/tire closer to the fender lip ? 1 inch ?

Well im running as far as i know a 68 dart 8 3/4 rear sbp. Running 15x7 rally's (not sure of the backspace) and 275 tire With one inch adapters my sidewall is about 3/4" away from the leaf springs and maybe a 1/4 or 1/2" from the wheel well lip. Its just about too perfect lol

-
Back