Cut Off Switch Location

-
Atlanta Dragway has been pretty casual, though I haven't tried to get a heavily modded car with "tough call" mods past them either. They are stricter than one dragstrip I went to where they waved my old LeBaron through without making any serious looking under the hood or even asking me to take off the wheel covers. Some of my friends have been telling me not to bother with the cut off switch at all and they're likely to wave a slant six car on through anyway. I'm not counting on them being anywhere near that lax, not once they get a glance under the hood.

I put mine threw the back panel.

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

What about using the hole for the trunk key, and securing the trunk a different way. Maybe with a trunk release in the front.

Crap, sorry. I thought that using the bumper bolt idea is a cool one.

No, the bumper bolt mounting looks to be the best option at this time. The mounting that you depicted in the pictures works for the valient bt that area in the darts is trunk lid. Thanks for the pics. I am always impressed everytime I look at your car. I should note that I did look at push/pull but it too has the same challanges.

Sorry I didn't get the pix yet..Been one of them weeks!!!!!! I take the pix Sat and post them. Actually on moparlee's pic as a reference the lower part of the panel he mounted his is what I was talking about.. On the Dart it is at an angle..

Bob

It pained me for about the first two seconds to pop the hole into the newly chromed rear bumper. But when it was all wired up, and worked , I was a happy camper, and knew tech would have no issue with the location:
DSC_0372-vi.jpg

It pained me for about the first two seconds to pop the hole into the newly chromed rear bumper. But when it was all wired up, and worked , I was a happy camper, and knew tech would have no issue with the location:
DSC_0372-vi.jpg

I'll have to check out how you did that at SpringFling. I hope you are there. I'd like to see the car in person

The 'Fling'll be a tough one to make this year. We're taking a couple old forlorn Novas (albeit with some extremely trick suspension!) down to a SCCA event at El Toro Marine base, and I think it may be on the same weekend. Our goal is start putting the spank on some of the newer stuff on the track. Not too unlike our current CPW president! We went chasing a couple streetbikes the other day, in our local mountains. They were quite surprised that a wagon was in the rearview mirrors!!
IMG_6177-vi.jpg

-
Back