cut-to-fit accel wires

-

phf

Reaction score
is anybody using the accel cut-to-fit 8mm ignition wires on a 318? if so, how do u get the wire in the damn boot? i struggled with it for 30 minutes and couldnt get the first one in.

When I did mine, I put the boot on first with some lube, crimped on the contact end, then slid the boot back down. :thumbup:

WD-40...... :thumblef:

Picture 324.jpg

Hummmmmmmmm, my lube is clear. Oh wait,...nevermind.

the cut to fit wiers can be a pain. i usally spend the extra to get the custom fit when i can. but when i cant a little wd 40 works fine.

liquid hand soap or like Dawn dishwashing liquid is great for it. Then we always would push the wire through crimp it then pull it back into the boot.

WD-40 and good set of crimps. The custom ones are always to short or to long for some reason. Might just be me but I know that the shortest wires go closest to the distributor. It's a little pain to have to cut and a crimp but you end up with the exact length you need.

If your going to make your own spend the money on the MSD crimping tool. Which reminds me I have to get mine back.

i got er done with soapy water and a regular snap on crimping tool. again, thanks for the advice...

-
Back