CVF Racing Shout Out!

-

jonn6464

1970 Duster
Reaction score
Hey FABO,
As you all know, we spend a lot of money on our MOPAR mistresses. When I find a vendor that makes a quality product and puts some pride into their brand, I like to sing their praises.
I've decided to go with serpentine pulleys on my accessories (not a single belt, just serp pulleys in the v-belt configuration) and I found CVF Racing provides a few different configurations.
Here is the set...
Screenshot_20201218-160515.png

Luckily, I found a Scratch & Dent sale on the one I wanted. Saved $205, so I determined that to be a big enough savings to justify some blemishes.

First, shipping was fast. 3 days to my door.
Second, packaging is very well done. Comes with a packing list that details each item in the box. I had 7 total SKU's (each containing multiple parts) packed in 7 smaller individual boxes, inside the main shipping carton.
Third, each individual part in those 7 boxes comes in a foam sleeve, protecting it from damage. As well as a parts list for each SKU.
Fourth, each box contains a detailed install write up, with full color pictures.

As I started to inspect the shipment, I was very impressed with the quality of the parts. Light weight aluminum, polished nicely. I was shocked to see the very minimal scratches or blemishes on only 3 of the brackets, that brought the price down so much. Honestly, I would have considered it a good deal at the listed retail price. See pics below, I just took some of the PS bracket and pulley.
I can't comment on their after-sale service, haven't had a reason to call them.
I would highly recommend taking a look at these guys if you are in the market for any engine accessories.
IMG_20201218_155352473.jpg

IMG_20201218_155410299.jpg

IMG_20201218_155458063.jpg

They have nice stuff. I wish I could have got black anodize that they now offer. I found there alternator kit works with the small denso alternator and the PS bracket raises the pump enough for the high pressure line to clear 72 down K frame mounts. This is for an LA.

I've used their stuff more than once and always got a quality part

They are also good working with you after the sale. I used the small block serpentine conversion kit and didn’t like the A/C compressor as high as the kit had it. They sent me multiple belts and turnbuckles to get it where I needed without charging me and then I sent back what wasn’t needed.

78111DA4-01A3-4E15-A7C0-DDA1C452EC4C.jpeg

Hey FABO,
As you all know, we spend a lot of money on our MOPAR mistresses. When I find a vendor that makes a quality product and puts some pride into their brand, I like to sing their praises.
I've decided to go with serpentine pulleys on my accessories (not a single belt, just serp pulleys in the v-belt configuration) and I found CVF Racing provides a few different configurations.
Here is the set...
View attachment 1715651967
Luckily, I found a Scratch & Dent sale on the one I wanted. Saved $205, so I determined that to be a big enough savings to justify some blemishes.

First, shipping was fast. 3 days to my door.
Second, packaging is very well done. Comes with a packing list that details each item in the box. I had 7 total SKU's (each containing multiple parts) packed in 7 smaller individual boxes, inside the main shipping carton.
Third, each individual part in those 7 boxes comes in a foam sleeve, protecting it from damage. As well as a parts list for each SKU.
Fourth, each box contains a detailed install write up, with full color pictures.

As I started to inspect the shipment, I was very impressed with the quality of the parts. Light weight aluminum, polished nicely. I was shocked to see the very minimal scratches or blemishes on only 3 of the brackets, that brought the price down so much. Honestly, I would have considered it a good deal at the listed retail price. See pics below, I just took some of the PS bracket and pulley.
I can't comment on their after-sale service, haven't had a reason to call them.
I would highly recommend taking a look at these guys if you are in the market for any engine accessories.
View attachment 1715651976
View attachment 1715651978
View attachment 1715651979
How much was the full price for the set?
I like your detailed pics and description, BTW.
Thanks!

The alt-crank-waterpump kit is 345$ but as stated above, they occasionally sell blem kits and are as cheap as 200+.
I got the black anodized kit for 1 motor and polished aluminum for another. 2nd kit was 205$ shipped and I really cannot find a scratch on it anywhere. Best part is it is 8 rib instead of the march 6 rib and super sturdy brackets and adjuster. Belt is separate but if you have a lead foot like me, you don't need to turn around and pick up your v belt laying on the road ever again.
Always had a problem with that, even with good alignment. Not anymore and typically see 7k + on the tach.

How much was the full price for the set?
I like your detailed pics and description, BTW.
Thanks!

I got the alt, crank, water pump, PS pump, and A/C set. Retails for $685. I found it for $479.
But, like I said the retail price would not have bothered me once I saw the quality. But, I'm always happy to save a couple hundred $$.

They are also good working with you after the sale. I used the small block serpentine conversion kit and didn’t like the A/C compressor as high as the kit had it. They sent me multiple belts and turnbuckles to get it where I needed without charging me and then I sent back what wasn’t needed.

View attachment 1715652646

Do you know the part number for the belt and turnbuckle that you settled on? I also don't want the compressor up too high. Thx

Do you know the part number for the belt and turnbuckle that you settled on? I also don't want the compressor up too high. Thx

The belt part number is A/C #K080525 with a turnbuckle body length of 5.5 inches. I also shortened the Alt belt but I don’t have a mechanical fuel pump. Alt belt #K080435 and a turnbuckle body of 3.5 inches.

FYI...The AC turnbuckle in my setup is in a different location than the way their instructions show as it won’t work their way by lowering the compressor.

The belt part number is A/C #K080525 with a turnbuckle body length of 5.5 inches. I also shortened the Alt belt but I don’t have a mechanical fuel pump. Alt belt #K080435 and a turnbuckle body of 3.5 inches.

FYI...The AC turnbuckle in my setup is in a different location than the way their instructions show as it won’t work their way by lowering the compressor.

Great, thanks for that info. I need to order some belts soon.

I use cvf alternator bracket and pulleys and am happy.. I made my own ac bracket to put the AC pump in the power steering spot... I mean who really wants to see the ac pump as the first thing when you open the hood...
The next time I take it (the AC bracket) I'm going to trim it down and probably chrome it..
IMG_20200720_134820.jpg

Last week I put a full cvf serpentine system cvf ac/ps pumps and alternator on a 65 GTO 400...
IMG_20201211_140815.jpg

Great, thanks for that info. I need to order some belts soon.

After thinking about it a little more, you are going to need some spare spacers and I had to grind/cut several down to fit correctly due to altering the location of turnbuckle mounting location. CVF was also a good source for these once I had an idea of what I needed.

91B8BD9F-315B-4BF1-860C-D88FB63F69C4.jpeg

Hopefully you can see the turnbuckle location I used in the attached picture.

-
Back