D49 Trans code

-

Darrell Keith

Reaction score
I am looking at a 1969 dart for sale and the Trans code on the fender tag is D49. When I look at those codes it states Special order transmission. Anyone knows what that means?

Love to know what the rest of the tag looks like? 2 or 4 door car...engine size...manual or auto? Some type of fleet vehicle maybe. The net isn't much help, but i'd love to know

Love to know what the rest of the tag looks like? 2 or 4 door car...engine size...manual or auto? Some type of fleet vehicle maybe. The net isn't much help, but i'd love to know
That's waaaaay too much to expect.

The car is a swinger 340 4 speed. No build sheet but the rest of the car matches the fender tag. I have never seen this code before and was curious if anyone knew what it meant.

The car is a swinger 340 4 speed. No build sheet but the rest of the car matches the fender tag. I have never seen this code before and was curious if anyone knew what it meant.
Post a picture of the fender tag, cover the vin part if you're concerned about that.

For Sale: 1969 Dodge Dart in Canton, Ohio

Not sure if this link works? A 340 Swinger 4spd for sale at Classic Cars in Canton Oh. Has the D49 code

shock.gif

FAKE fender tag on LM23P9B391340

Fake means fake.

From the dictionary;

fake
[ feyk ]
See synonyms for: fake / faked / faker / fakest on Thesaurus.com
verb (used with object), faked, fak·ing.
prepare or make (something specious, deceptive, or fraudulent): to fake a report showing nonexistent profits.
to conceal the defects of or make appear more attractive, interesting, valuable, etc., usually in order to deceive: The story was faked a bit to make it more sensational.
verb (used without object), faked, fak·ing.
to fake something; pretend.
to give a fake to an opponent.
noun
anything made to appear otherwise than it actually is; counterfeit: This diamond necklace is a fake.
a person who fakes; faker: The doctor with the reputed cure for cancer proved to be a fake.

Fake means fake.

From the dictionary;

fake
[ feyk ]
See synonyms for: fake / faked / faker / fakest on Thesaurus.com
verb (used with object), faked, fak·ing.
prepare or make (something specious, deceptive, or fraudulent): to fake a report showing nonexistent profits.
to conceal the defects of or make appear more attractive, interesting, valuable, etc., usually in order to deceive: The story was faked a bit to make it more sensational.
verb (used without object), faked, fak·ing.
to fake something; pretend.
to give a fake to an opponent.
noun
anything made to appear otherwise than it actually is; counterfeit: This diamond necklace is a fake.
a person who fakes; faker: The doctor with the reputed cure for cancer proved to be a fake.

I have owned several Mopars through the years and I love them. A bodies, E bodies and B bodies. I am trying to learn something about this vehicle. For B bodies and E bodies forums very helpful, A bodies not so much.

-
Back