DA Problem

-
Reg wont flow the air. If its running out of air before compressor kicks in, there is a restriction in your air supply. Not the couplers either. I run an ingersoll da about 3 years old and it works fine. No regulator.
Even with 3/8” air hose the barb in the hose is your choke point, so high flow will make little difference.
Okay, I'll remove the regulator completely.

Reg wont flow the air. If its running out of air before compressor kicks in, there is a restriction in your air supply. Not the couplers either. I run an ingersoll da about 3 years old and it works fine. No regulator.
Even with 3/8” air hose the barb in the hose is your choke point, so high flow will make little difference.

Sure sounds like it to me

Remove the regulator....most decent DA's have a speed control (or regulator) on them. Adjust for smooth operation with the hose size and length that you are using. No need to spin at high speed.

Removed the regulator. A little better. I ordered hi flow fittings. I'll try them with the 3/8 hose.

Oh, no ice. Some water. After I try the 3/8" stuff, I'll put the drier /filter I have on. Hope that doesn't restrict whatever flow I pick up from the 3/8".

I know i need either a different compressor or sander/grinder. Neither in the budget now. Soooooo, I'll play around.

Thanks for all the replies.

I checked my ingersol,is a 300G.
8 cfm,16 cfm under load
The 328B is 4cfm,16 under load.
Some had a lock to keep pad from free wheeling,as a rotary sander. Mine doesent have that feature.

I had a dessicant air drier that took a dump and a bunch of debris ended up in my lines,blocked the screen in my impact air inlet. That took a while to figure out.

Last edited:
The answer may lie in the very first sentence of the OP's post... The DA is brand new, and therefore could possibly be defective. I'd try another DA or similar air tool and see what happens. Or take that DA to a local body shop and plug it into their air supply. I'd almost bet folding money that the problem is the brand new DA.

Just another train of thought...

Garry

I put the drier/filter in. It is about the same. No money right now for another DA. Def no money for another compressor.
I guess I can try the DA on a known-to-be-big-enough compressor. I'm not getting my hopes up.

If the D/A is new, there is some sort of warranty....

Everything else I hook up works fine. I'm pretty sure the sander just uses too much air.
I tried it for a while yesterday with the regulator wide open. It still slows down about the same as before.
I have a 3/8 air hose I can use. I'm going to get high flow fittings. I never used them before. Anything on this page that'll work?https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_13?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=3/8+high+flow+air+fittings&sprefix=3/8+high+flow,aps,135&crid=1Q7YB12AY8SH9
if you can't afford a bigger compressor do what I do sand it by hand it works for me. never use a air board to sand bondo all by hand block can't stand all the noise

-
Back