Dad passed away

-
Sorry to hear of the passing of your Father.

Take care of your family!

Steve, sorry for you loss. I feel fortunate to have met your Dad, a great car guy and you at Moparfest when you won the hot wings contest. I will keep your Dad and your family in my prayers. My dad passed last Feb so I know a little of what you are have to deal with. As a good son that you are you will always have the memory of the good times spent together. John

Steve, I'll pray for you and your family for strength and comfort. My father has cancer as well. I do not look forward to this day.

Very sorry to learn of your loss Steve
C

My condolences on the loss of your Dad and prayers for comfort in this difficult time. Your Dad will always be with you because you hold him in your heart.

Robert

Celebrate his wonderful life and remember the happy times. You will always miss him. He is at peace now.

May God Bless and Comfort you and your family.:goodman:

Hey Steve
Sorry to hear of your loss. I remember meeting your Dad at Moparfest and the fun we had in the hotel parking lot. Keep those good memories, and your family close to your heart. Best wishes and thoughts,
Pete & Sue

..................Very sorry for your loss buddy,our prayers are sent to you and your family and friends..... cancer has taken my sister and mother...........kim..........

Very sorry for your loss Steve. Im sure your dad was comforted knowing you were by his side when he started on his next journey. Godspeed to him.

Just checking in to see how you're doing.

It's tough, hang in there and be strong for the rest of the family. Remember the good times, they cannot be taken away. You were very lucky to be so close to your dad and do all of those things with him.

I hope you're getting through this as best you can.

Hi all, 1st off a big thank you to all for the support, kind words and pm's. As well as the flowers that we received.
We held Dads service on Wednesday. I was blessed enough to have the support from everyone especially Lori and our children and be able to stand up and say a eulogy. I felt I not only wanted to, but HAD to. I wanted everyone to know what kind of a person, Father and Grandfather he was from my perspective. He was the greatest Dad in the world, not only because of the qualities he possessed, BUT because he was my Dad. This is the reason why I post so much on here about him. I feel like EVERYONE needs to know how great he was.
The anxiety of losing my Dad and the upcoming service was huge to say the least. But after the service it feels like a weight has been lifted. Although there is a very huge hole in my life and my heart.
Hearing the other people speak at the service was amazing as it brought back memories that I didnt know about or had forgotten about. It was also nice to see Wally/65vart pic that he drew of Dads cuda be displayed at the service. Below is a pic I took of it back in 2012. Here are also pics I took of the flowers from Mike and Nathalie / 2darts and other FABO members.
Here is a cool link to some online memories of Dad that have been posted. Again sorry for the rambling, but a HUGE thank you to all!

Steve Lori and family

http://www.mackeys.ca/book-of-memories/1811500/Sundberg-George/view-condolences.php

Attachments

• DSCF2691 (Medium).jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCF2692 (Medium).jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCF8323%20(Medium).jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 141
Wow Steve, just found this. You have my deepest sympathies and you and yours will be in our thoughts and prayers.

It's not easy losing a parent, both of mine have passed. Just keep the fondness in your heart and remember all of the special moments.

Again sorry for the rambling, but a HUGE thank you to all!

Steve Lori and family

Don't worry about "rambling", Steve, I enjoy the stories of your dad. If it helps you deal with losing him, keep on talking... I will listen.

You'll never get over it, but learn to live with/accept losing him.

At least it has happened in the proper order, YOU buried HIM, not HIM bury YOU. It's harder to deal with the loss of your children than your parents. You are supposed to bury your parents, not vice versa. But it's still tough.

Hang on to all of those great memories of the time that you and your dad and family has spent together. Those were the good times worth keeping.

mY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU AS i ALSO LOST MY BEST FRIEND AND DAD AT THE SAME TIME. lOVE THE MEMORIES AND YOU WILL NEVER BE FAR FROM HIM.. GOD BE WITH YOU AND YOURS.. STEVE

Just saw this thread and want to offer my condolences.
It's a moment every son/daughter dreads. As someone said earlier, the pain goes away and the good memories continue. Mine is gone 14 years and I still having conversations with him when I'm working on something he'd be interested in.

Sorry for your loss Steve, My prayers go out to you and your family.

-
Back