Dad passed away

-
Yes ,a true car guy I was lucky enough to meet. Again, our condolences.

Attachments

• Steves%20Dad.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 185
Steve, I am so sorry. Losing Daddy was one of the hardest things I ever faced. If you need an ear to bend, I am here. Praying for yall.

My condolences Steve. Prayers for you and the whole family and the many many friends.
My parents are gone but with me each day.

Steve, So sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you and your family. I lost both my Mom and Dad, last year. You never get over it, you just learn to cope. Just think good thoughts.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your entire family, Steve.
It's wonderful that you have such great memories of your Dad. Keep those memories close and your Dad will always be with you.

Steve I'm so very sorry to hear about your dad. I enjoyed your thread of you and him working on the old '67. I have a 67 convertible myself and always liked reading about what was coming next. I will be praying for your family and was happy to hear the family was there when he slipped away. God bless you and your family at this difficult time!

Words can't describe it buddy , He was a great guy and will truly be missed ,I will always keep the time we spent in my heart , we're here for you , if you need anything just call . Chris

I'm very sorry for your loss. Prayers are being sent for you and your family. It will soon be the 10th anniversary of my mom's passing. There is never an easy way to prepare for it, other than after seeing her going through so much pain on a daily basis (she had end stage renal failure), just knowing her pain had ended was enough to help me and my sister to get through it with some sort of acceptance.

Paul

At 5:15 am this morning my Dad passed away. I got word Thursday night that he took a turn for the worse. The latest and strongest chemo treatment knocked the crap right out of him and he was admitted to ICU on Thursday afternoon. I was able to get a flight home and be at the hospital for him with friends and family Friday. The outlook was very grim and he was moved to Palliative care Sunday afternoon.

I was blessed enough to have Lori by my side throughout this very hard time. Lori and I made beds and stayed by Dads side until he passed at 5:15 am today

Some of you may know and some may not, but Dad was a car guy through and through. He was not a computer guy by any means, so I kept FABO updated with a project a 67 Barracuda that he had purchased almost 2 years to the day today. Dad, myself and my Uncle Ron made the journey to Colorado ourselves to pick it up. Dad bought it from another member here "colomopar"/Jim. I was blessed enough to be able to be a part of this trip and have both my Uncle and Dad with me.

This was not the 1st long distance trip we went on for a nice set of wheels. A few years ago Dad was on the hunt for a nice truck. We found a gorgeous 58 Apache that was in Wisconsin and we made the journey there as well. The 67 Barracuda was bought and then Dad sold the Apache.

I know I am starting to ramble here, but how do you fit almost 70 years(would have been 70 on March 22) into a few paragraphs??
Although we ALL lose our fathers/parents, there was no way to be able to prepare myself for this day. Being 2 Provinces away from home made helping Dad deal with his illness very difficult. He fought as much as he could, but it was simply too much for him as well as friends and family seeing him suffering.

Here is a pic of him and "Cuda" a dog that him and his wife got a week after we got back from Colorado.

From myself, Lori, Dad and his wife Joanne, as well as all my friends and family. I want to thank you all for your help and support through everything. Needless to say this has been and will be difficult for all of us, he was the best Dad in the world because he was MY DAD!

Thank you ALL
Steve, Lori and family

Oh, THANK YOU to all the members that Dad has been lucky enough to meet. He had a great time at Moparfest meeting a great bunch of guys and was truly disappointed that we could not make it to 2013.

Rest in peace Dad, I love you, respect you and miss you tremendously and try to emulate you and your legacy every day.

So sorry to hear about his passing. Having lost family members recently, I know the feeling all to well and it's never an easy thing to cope with. Prayers out to you and yours in this tough time. Just remember, he'll be looking down on you each time you drive that car and will be smiling. :burnout:

Sorry for your loss one if not the hardest thing's to do is say good bye to a loved one.

Steve, my god. Im very, very sorry to read this.I know you,, and you always talk about your Dad. My thoughts and prayers Steve are with you and the family. I wish there were more i could say and do. Im here for you at anytime. Life can be rough and you think you have it bad at times but from my experiences at work , there is always someone going through a tougher time..Thin of all the good times and your travels getting that Cuda for him. Need anything, anything, let me know.........Thinking of you and all. Edd

Sounds like you had some really great times with your dad. Hang on to those memories and he lives forever!

Sorry for your loss, it's always very tough to lose somebody close to you.

I am truly sad to hear this news buddy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

John

Steve sorry for the loss of your Dad, my condolences to you Lori and your family.

Kenny

dang Steve so sorry to read this today. I hope you are doing ok under the circumstances. If there is anything I can do or if you need ANYTHING , email me or PM me bud. all I can offer are my deepest condolences. I can say he is in a much better place now and pain free.

hang in there man
Lance

I'm truly sorry to hear this Steve. I consider myself one of the lucky members here who actually got to meet George. He was quite a character and I could really tell that he was very proud to have you as his son.

Try and keep your chin up and know in your heart that he is in a better place. Please P.M. me if you need someone to talk to.

RIP Pops.

losing your dad is hard steve..I lost mine to cancer in 03 and lost my son in a wreck in 97 i'll never be the same .I teared up after reading your post and wish you the best ,,hang on to them memories and just remember you will see him again one day he just went on ahead to get stuff ready for you got you in our prayers,,

-
Back