Dad passed away

-
Steve you were truly blessed by having a father like yours. It sounds like he gave you a lot of great memories that will never fade. I believe that any man that takes the time to be a great father will have a special reward awaiting him

So sorry to hear Steve. Remember all the good times. Peace to you and yours. Dan

Very sorry to hear this news Steve. You have Sue's and my Condolences and Prayers for you and your family. Lost mine 25yrs ago. Still miss him.

So sorry to hear of your loss. Cancer sucks BIG TIME and losing a family/friend member to it is the most helpless feeling there is. I've experienced in my life and it was really hard to not be bitter, but the memories help the healing process move along. May you find the peace you need in his memory that will be with you always. R.I.P.

So very sorry to hear of your dad's passing, my sister lost her husband of 42 years yesterday also and already this year I have lost three coworkers.

May you find strength in the Lord and the many wonderful memories you have of time spent together.

Attachments

• condolences-0954.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 213
Sorry to hear this. I know everyone telling you to remember the good times gets old and it is tough to do. The first few family members and close friends I lost I really struggled with it. My best friend passed in April and our group of friends actually had a great time at his funeral; it sounds bad I know. We told all told stories about Tyler and shared all our favorite pictures. Not a day will go buy where you don't think about your dad. Always remember the good times and when you are doing something he would love just try to imagine him there with you. Eventually the memories of him being sick will pass and you will have all the good memories left, it just requires some work.

Best of luck and keep your head up for your dad. Make him
Proud!

Sorry to read this Steve. I lost my dad on Jan 5 of this year and just found out today that he was killed at work and the company tried to cover it up. It is very hard knowing that you cannot pick up that phone and talk to him anymore.. No matter what keep the faith that God has a plan and he needed your dad at home with him. One day you will be able to talk again.

I will tell you this. My brother and myself have had a very hard time with my dads passing. About 3 weeks ago on a Saturday morning I woke up crying my eyes out because I saw my dad in my sleep and he told me to go on son I am ok. This was at 5:30am.. At 7:30am my brother called my mom who I was on the phone with and told her he saw dad in his sleep at work and dad told him he was fine to go on.

I have never experienced anything like this... It was the most realistic dream I have ever had and I have not had another dream about him since then.

God bless you and your family.

Hang in there bud losing your dad is just the worse its beyond painful im very sorry for your loss

Very sorry for your loss. Lost my dad 1/19/14. They are gone but will never be forgotten.

Ray

Hey Steve, God has got a special place for all us car guys up there. Endless cruise and bench race I'm guessing. I'm glad I got to meet your dad.

Attachments

• steves%20dad%20.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 191
Thanks all. Its kinda taken for granted that we all have awesome supportive parents, not all of us do unfortunately, I was one of the very lucky ones that did.
When I was younger I pushed the boundaries and tried his patience, but he was always supportive and levelheaded. Not being home for almost 2 years now has been wearing on both Lori and I, so this forum/family here has allowed me a way to express myself, blow off steam and have some fun. Even now I can still push boundaries and patience...LOL
I pass along my condolences to the other members who have lost somebody close. Its a tough go for everyone.
If I was home I would be able to go and putter in the garage and make some sawdust with some of dads woodworking tools. Lord knows there will be a list a mile long once I do get there LOL.
Reading this brought a tear or 2, but I feel better.
Thanks!

Here's a couple more pics. 1st one Dad was President of Minor Hockey Association in Stayner. Its our end of year banquet. He's in the middle with the tan jacket. To his right is Johnny Bower and to Johnnys right is Leon Stickle, dad was able to get them as guests. Being a Leafs fan and about 10 years old I was so proud and stoked!

2nd pic is Dad and my 2 Uncles Rick(in the middle) and Ron(to Ricks left). Ron came with us Dad n I to Colorado for the cuda. What a trip! My poor Ford was never the same...LOL

Attachments

• Stayner awards banquet (Medium).jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 188
  • ps_2014_02_25___16_23_45 (Medium).jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 182
Steve, Lori and family. Words cant begin to say how sorry I am to hear of the passing of your Dad/ friend and everything else he was to you. Cancer is a terrible thing and I can only say that he is not suffering anymore and is in the arms of our loving Lord.. Please be strong and just remember all the great times you had with your Dad and the love that you had for each other and you will draw for that love a super strength to face each day... Peace be with you brother and sister we are all hear for you....Bill

Words can never describe how this feels, I am truly sorry for your loss and wish you and your family the best.

I just found out. Im so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you. Lost my dad last year. I know for a fact its hard to take. But like others have stated it does get easier with time and you remember the good times.
I was fighting prostate cancer and beat that only to be diagnosed with early stages of lung cancer. They say I will be fine they caught it early. But makes me more apreciative for everyday.
Again sorry for your loss and your friends are always here if needed.

Hey Steve, I'm not sure how best to respond for the first anniversary of your dads passing. I'm sure it's not easy but I know you're able to enjoy the memories, thank God for them. Next month will be the the first anniversary of mom's passing so we'll be right there with you. It was an honor to meet your father and to pass the car along to him. Hopefully he got plenty of joy from his 49ers Gold Formula 'S' Barracuda!!! Blessings my friend.

-
Back