Daily Driver Recommendations for the Wife

-
Delorean.jpg

I hate to drop an F bomb, but Fusions and Tauruses are available in awd, used, should be in your price range

upload_2022-2-13_6-33-35.png

Reliability...... Holds value...... Just look at the re-sale value of them on car lots. That pretty much sums it up right there...

JW

The search is over. We finally landed a Charger with all the options we were looking for! It’s an SXT with the “premium package” so it has Lane Sense, Adaptive Cruise, blind spot indicators, heated and cooled leather seats, and a beats sound system (alright, but not noticeably better than our 200). Through some deductive reasoning, I’d suspect the previous owner was a large individual with kids. The drivers arm rest still looks good, but the padding is pretty shot. The rear seat has a tear and a few signs of previous spills. The body has quite a few minor scratches (most should buff out) and a few deeper scratches that have been touched up with a paint pen. Another reason I think there were kids, the top of the rear bumper shows signs that things were put in/out of the trunk frequently, and drug across the top of the bumper. So while the car has 40,000+ fewer miles than our old 200, it’s definitely got more wear than our 200. BUT, here in 2 months, we’ll have a baby in that car and there is sure to be more wear/spills added. Overall, we are very happy with it so far.

7E40DA53-99B2-4DCC-8DD0-9362110CDF4A.jpeg

449D403B-3BDB-45D4-8E2B-421319295E74.jpeg

Forgot to update this thread that we were hoping to get $12k but were expecting $10k… well, insurance blew us away with an offer of just over $20,000!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Forgot to update this thread that we were hoping to get $12k but were expecting $10k… well, insurance blew us away with an offer of just over $20,000!!!! :eek::eek::eek:
Wow congratulations. Hate that she got hit but thats a good chunk of money. Love the new charger. I hope yall enjoy it.

man thats great

when my wife totalled her charger (08 AWD with 173K) i was hoping to get around 8 or 9

the insurances first offer was 6
i disagreed and explained why and we ended up settling at 8

im sure your wife will love the charger, they are great cars
probalby a good thing you got her the smaller engine

as you know i ended up getting mine the hemi model and it is tough leaving it in the garage

For DD cars I like Volvo. I've had two of them and have had the best luck with them.

For 20K the valiant would certainly look nice LOL what was she thinking?... LOL..
Right???? For $20k I could’ve had it painted, all new interior AND installed an SRT4 or Pentastar engine! But that will all come in time. :D

Right???? For $20k I could’ve had it painted, all new interior AND installed an SRT4 or Pentastar engine! But that will all come in time. :D
My wife just got a 2021 Kia celtos turbo..
She got it last year but still drives the 98 Durango in the short short runs.. we call it the ghetto wagon as she drives it to the grocery store and up to the dog park...
Put the Kia with a 10-year hundred thousand mile warranty and 5-year bumper to bumper were very happy with it.. I've had my dual quad tunnel ram duster for near 10 years now.. and it was that damn Kia turbo that got me my first speeding ticket in over 15 years at least...:BangHead::BangHead:..

Nice score with the Charger! My mom drives a 2014 300C V6 AWD and it's a great car.

I had a similar thing happen when my '93 XJ Cherokee got rear ended this past August. I expected around $2500-3k payout, ended up getting $5600 after the charge for me to keep the vehicle. Brought it home and stripped out the engine, transmission, transfer case, both driveshafts, clutch hydraulics and pedals, some interior bits, dismounted the tires as they were less than a year old, then took it to the local junkyard for scrap. At some point I'll find another one and swap all those parts into it after rebuilding them, it did have 265k miles and I think the rod bearings were ovalled it developed some weird oil pressure issues a few months before the crash.

Pretty sure it's due to inflated prices on used cars due to the shortage of new cars last year, I don't think the market has recovered. Fine with me my Buick doesn't get the greatest mileage (17-20 avg) but it was super cheap to buy and fix, I'll drive that thing as long as I have to those 3800 engines are bulletproof. I originally was in the market for a 2015-17 Acura TLX but the way things are it'll be a while before I look at getting another vehicle that isn't an old project.

-
Back