For a daily driver with gas mileage in mind:
Stick with the 1bbl. I like the Holley 1920
Stock cam.
2.93 gear.
Stock exh manifold.
2.25 exhaust,free flowing muffler.
Chrysler elec ignition.
Fresh Autolites,wires,cap & rotor.

Tune it up, and see if it likes a couple degrees of advance.
Between the new tune, and the new exhaust the car will run much better, with a seat of the pants gain. When I was playing with this same set-up, I went up 2 jet sizes, with the opened up exhaust.

But then again, I run Cliffords, so what do I know ?

i was thinking aout this while i was at work... i will give the cliffords the ability to fit probably any vehicle! where as the long tubes get kinda model specific in some cases...

was that really necessary? you attacked me and said i dont think before i type, yet i have given you paragraphs of solid evidence and now you dont want to back up what you were getting at?

i dont mind having a different opinions then anyone but as you said you have to back it up with evidence... so now its your turn... and just because the old man won records doesn't mean he is the all knowing god... :prayer:lol i like the smiles

For your gears, find an online gear/tire/ratio calculator and plug in values that will correspond to the cruising rpm you want. After you tune it up and figure your cruising speed for best mileage select your tire/ratio/tire so that it will be turning the best rpm for fuel mileage. I think there are three readily ratios that you can select from, 2.76, 2.93., and 3.23. I think that the 2.76 or 2.93 will probably fall very close to what you want.

i was thinking aout this while i was at work... i will give the cliffords the ability to fit probably any vehicle! where as the long tubes get kinda model specific in some cases...

was that really necessary? you attacked me and said i dont think before i type, yet i have given you paragraphs of solid evidence and now you dont want to back up what you were getting at?

i dont mind having a different opinions then anyone but as you said you have to back it up with evidence... so now its your turn... and just because the old man won records doesn't mean he is the all knowing god... :prayer:lol i like the smiles

What kind of solid evidence have you given ?
That your over carbed / runs about a 15 sec 1/4 ? BFD !
Ive had 2 bbl cars, with stock exhaust manifolds,that would wax your car.

And to put yourself in the same breath with Jack Clifford is a joke. Jack forgot more than you will ever learn.

So how are "YOU" helping the op again ?

simmer down there Johnny. :violent1: :happy1:

What kind of solid evidence have you given ?
That your over carbed / runs about a 15 sec 1/4 ? BFD !
Ive had 2 bbl cars, with stock exhaust manifolds,that would wax your car.

im glad... im 20 and already have made great progress in my build... im happy and have learned alot, and have alot more to learn...

And to put yourself in the same breath with Jack Clifford is a joke. Jack forgot more than you will ever learn.

never said i did and those old timers invented everything so i dont doubt it...

So how are "YOU" helping the op again ?

go back and read my first two posts...

^^^I still like you kidd.^^^

Lets get back to regularly scheduled programing......;)

^^^I still like you kidd.^^^

Lets get back to regularly scheduled programing......;)

lol thats good... :blob:... i just look at how un-efficient parts for these slants are and drives me crazy... aussie finally came out with a good intake but the runners/plenum are to small for a street/strip motor... mark lost i think 4 tenths after tuning!

For a daily driver with gas mileage in mind:
Stick with the 1bbl. I like the Holley 1920
Stock cam.
2.93 gear.
Stock exh manifold.
2.25 exhaust,free flowing muffler.
Chrysler elec ignition.
Fresh Autolites,wires,cap & rotor.

Tune it up, and see if it likes a couple degrees of advance.
Between the new tune, and the new exhaust the car will run much better, with a seat of the pants gain. When I was playing with this same set-up, I went up 2 jet sizes, with the opened up exhaust.

This is a good baseline set-up. I also suggest refresh all of the vacuum hoses. Make sure there are no vacuum leaks.

I tried putting a 2¼" exhaust on a stock manifold and could not get it done. Outlet on the manifold was too small. Does anyone out there know if the Super Six used a different exhaust manifold than the regular /6?

IMO, it may be easier and cheaper to install a Pertronix unit than to put together a Mopar factory unit for yur distributor.

You'll get more HP out of headers, but you'll lose intake manifold heat. This is no big loss in the summer, but if winters get cold in your part of KY you'll have problems keeping the fires lit until the engine warms up.

A 2.93:1 rear with a 205/60-15 (24.69" high) tire should be turning over approx 2394 rpm @ 60 mph. If you use 4500 as top engine speed, top end is around 112 mph.

-
Back