Dakota 1998 5.2 2 wd

-

swedefish

Reaction score
Any of You guys who know if the abs wheel speed sensor are the same for 2 wd as for the 4 wd? Have been searching but haven’t found a sensor for a 2 wd. The abs is activated randomly at low speed.
Many thanks in advance
Lenny

Any of You guys who know if the abs wheel speed sensor are the same for 2 wd as for the 4 wd? Have been searching but haven’t found a sensor for a 2 wd. The abs is activated randomly at low speed.
Many thanks in advance
Lenny
It's probably rear wheel ABS if I remember on my 2000 2wd. The sensor picks up on the rear end. There is a reluctor ring on the ring gear. I have had issues with critters chewing the wiring back there because it's exposed.

Many thanks in advance
Lenny
Same.

Heres a video showing location and replacement.

My abs was very over active and I figured it was just how they were. I got rid of the abs on mine Because of that.

Thanks guys, haven’t done any troubleshooting yet. I’ll look into the rear sensor, I assume that I should be able to get some kind of reading when I check for continuity?
The vehicle will not past the yearly inspection if the abs don’t work.
Thanks again guys
/Lenny

-
Back