DAKOTA HEADERS FOR 67-76 A Body

-

dustoff440

Reaction score
Has anyone here or do you know of anyone who has used Dakota headers on a 67-72 A BODY?? There is a set on ebay STAINLESS & NEW for 200 shipped for a Dakota small block that look like they will fit. They do not go through the drag link and dump at the firewall!! I just can't even if I had plenty of money spend 600 for tti headers.

I tried a set from Summit on my 1964 and no go,
but 1967-76 they might work. :)

Don't forget gaskets.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRO-67929/

pro-67929_w.jpg

The headers I have seen for Dakotas and Rams are shorties that put the outlets in the stock location so you can hook up a stock y-pipe. The outlet on the drivers side interferes with the steering column.

If you are looking for a good fitting header for short money get Hedmans. They are around $150 painted and $300 with a ceramic coating. Yes three tubes wrap under the center link on the drivers side but they tuck up tight and in 36,000 miles they have never touched. They also clear both manual and power steering (I swapped from mannul to power in this car) and they clear the clutch linkage with no issues. You can also remove an replace both mini and full size starters without removing the header (done that too). The only down side from my perspective is the relatively thin flange at the head, it's easy to wrap if you are not careful. I run double Fel Pro header gaskets and have not had to touch them in 3 years and almost 25,000 miles.

I got a set from a 98-00 Durango, they work, barely.

-
Back