dakota lift shackles

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
I know most of you guys don't like lift shackles, partly because they allow the springs to move about and flex more then the stock set up

so, what do you guys think of these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262355001086?item=262355001086&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

(I send the seller a message to ask about specific measurements)

but it sure looks like these would at least prevent the flex, no?

Like these? :p

i038635.jpg

at least you didn't pull up the picture of that car laying on its roof and telling me that's what shackles do

I had a pair off of something once that were boxed with a plate between them. A ***** to install but stable.

They'll still overload the rear half of the spring pack and negatively change the working geometry of the spring.

Why are people so opposed to having their springs re-arched? Or just buying the right springs? Sure, it's more expensive, I get it. But if you'll spend thousands of dollars on engine go-fast goodies to "do it right", then why the heck does everyone get bent out of shape spending a few hundred bucks on the right springs?

Cheaping out on suspension parts is the last thing you want to do, especially if you're already making more power up front.

Please for your safety don't even think about it. My sister was almost killed when the s10 she was driving rolled after the drivers leaf shackle buckled when she swerved. She was life lined and need 9 surgeries to get back to ealking.

Those Dak ones are about the best design I have seen.
But if just one of them flips over, it could lead to a little self-steering going on back there.
Better it would be, to extend the rear mount downwards, and reset the shackle angle.
Best I guess is to get the right wheels, and new springs and ditch the air shocks.
If you lose an air-line or an airbag, you will be walking. And maybe in a strange neighborhood or a strange town. Pray it doesn't occur near a muslim area.

-
Back