Dakota Quad Cab owners- best PW window regulator?

-

YY1

Reaction score
My mom has a 2003 QC.

It's been a GREAT truck except-

I believe this is the seventh time a power window regulator has failed.

They always fail the same way.
The nylon guide for the cable at either end of the channel cracks or breaks and the window then falls.

I've tried a different brand each time starting with the third one (sure wish I'd have written them down) including (gasp) ac delco.

It's been so bad that the last time the rears failed I just put in wooden braces to keep them permanently up.

Anyone had success with a specific brand that didn't do this after a few years?

You might be better off getting a factory one from the scarp yard. Depending on whoever makes them now, the quality of the nylon guides has probably been compromised?? I've found this to be true of many parts. When I have recurring problems with something I go looking for a factory original or something made in the USA. Like the yellow Accel coils, every new one I bought crapped out so I found an old one (from the 70s/80s) on ebay for cheap and it lasted forever!!

Last edited:
Am-autoparts online. 10 year warranty. There have been no issues with replacing a bad part for me. Craig

We have an 04 Quad cab Dakota. When we bought it, the right rear window motor was bad, so I bought one at Advance Auto Parts. So far, so good....but we've only had it about 2 years.

-
Back