Damaged trans?

-
I have a 3500 stall but starts pushing me through the lights at about 1800-1900 rpm. When it snapped I hit the rev limiter at 6200 then immediately shut it down. Oh I just found my problem by the way. The yahoo who welded my perch plates on for my relocation didn't do a great job at all. My diff is spinning on the perch plates. I bet it twisted changing the pinion angle then boom. Well he's done doing my welding. I don't see any cracks in the tailshaft but im going to drop the cross member to make sure. These are times I wish I had a welder.
Yep time to pull it out and inspect.I had my perches tear off and I spit out a u-joint at launch.I had to have all my internals swapped over to another 904 case.Also had to have my convertor hub replaced(bent)Here,s pics of my casing after the mishap.Don,t second guess the damage this will cause.Get your driveshaft rebalanced also.
View attachment Racing the 66 Dart 032.jpg

View attachment Racing the 66 Dart 036.jpg

View attachment Racing the 66 Dart 034.jpg

I have to get it back to the garage again this weekend. I just found 2 904s for $50 a piece. I figured it wouldn't hurt to have a few extras laying around. I've been doing some reading though I found out the moroso u joint girdles I had on are junk unless you have a 4 link to control the pinion angle. Now that the yolk is drilled can I get long u joint straps to go the whole way through? Part #? I seen some on mancinis website but said it required a certain yolk. Do I need a new yolk now too? Its a 742 chunk.

-
Back