Damn brake lines !!!

-

MoparFan

Reaction score
HI,

could you tell me if the proportional valve really need to be so badly located...since I need to redo my brake lines :evil: :evil: :eye: (long live calcium in winter here)....could I place the proportional valve somewhere else, easier to work? or it really need to be so low?

Adjustable proportional valve...any manufacturer other then Mopar (130$)?
Any real advantage to an adjustable one over the stock one?

Is there some weird trick/tips I should know before redoing my brake lines? (i.e: the line from the master cylinder to the prop valve are doing a weird big loop!!!) Since I will change the lines, should I stick to the 3/16" line (outside dia. approx), or should I go bigger?

These damn thing broke just by touching them...it is on of these evening when you just hope things to good smooth, but they go the other way !!!
...gonna get a cold beer, and find something else for tonight...before I throw an hammer through the windshield... :cheers:

i got lazy, didnt install it when i did my front discs, and i stop fine. But i wonder if ill regret it later.

If you hit the brakes hard on wet pavement and the rears lock up, you can end up going backwards before you know it. The prop valve limits the hydraulic pressure to the rear wheel cylinders to keep this from happening.

I used a Summit adj prop valve on my Dart. It looks just like the Wilwood and works great. You can put it between the master cylinder and the original distribution block, but it will probably cause the dash brake light to come on. The best way to hook it up is in the line that runs from the distribution block to the rear end. If you want to make it more accessable, just lengthen the lines and route it up higher on the fender well. It's not that big a deal, and will make your car safer... both for you AND the people on the road next to you. :salut:

-
Back