Dana 60 guys...quick qun

-

ratbastad

Reaction score
Hey guys Im just wondering if dropping in a Dana 60 into a A body ie: Demon / Dart requires floor notching for clearance to the floorpan?

If so, how much and do you have pics to share?

Thanx in advance !! :D

We put a Strange 60 in my Dart. I'm assuming that you're worried about the pumpkin size, no problems there?

exhaust011_zpsbb8056a2.jpg

exhaust006_zps8652e92f.jpg

Thx fellas I was wondering if the top of the housing would clear the floor pan in that area without mods.

I heard that earlier last year Strange was going to release a full floating axle S60 rear end, but can't see anything on their website.

Can anyone confirm if they can supply a full floating S60 ?

Thx !!

why would you want one?

Good qun Bob.

My vehicle is being engineered here but he authorities - the DMV engineers are pretty strict on rearends that can take the HP/TQ of what I will be running.

I gues I could call BS on it but 850+ HP/770TQ NA in a 3500+lb car is enough reason....Id prefer to over-engineer it the firs time (street/strip) and forget about it and also have it legal so its signed off by the Eng.

Thats what they want for me to have it legal but to be truthful I'm prob better off doing it that way for the track time it will see plus the TQ/weight/hook it will be carrying.

Can you confirm that they are available?

Thx

why would you want one?

I put one in my 69 Valiant project -- overkill -- YES but if you put the $$$ figure to it you can pick up a good Dana for less than you can rebuild an 8 3/4 for --Housing - sure grip - anxles (for BBP) - bearings - brakes ect etc

No. I went Dana 60 with disc brake conversion and the only thing that took longer in the install was making the new brake lines. Quick and easy install. I also went with Caltracs and mono leafs at the same time. I love my Dana.

Thx fellas - I have Caltracs as well.

Dodge71Demon, are you saying yours was a full floating axle S60? If so, how long ago did you order it up and from who?

Thx

Thx fellas - I have Caltracs as well.

Dodge71Demon, are you saying yours was a full floating axle S60? If so, how long ago did you order it up and from who?

Thx

NO I was going to buy the S60 from a local napa store for a good price then I ran accross one that was rebuilt and made for an a body I believe Napa wanted $1820 + tax no brakes and it was just a few months ago

I got mine from a guy I met at Mopars in the Park. $1850 delivered with 4.10's, disc brakes and cross drilled rotors. All new and the mounts were set for an a body. I'm pretty happy. Three years now, and all is good. Except the driveshaft. Have it made at a place you trust and will take care of you. Mine is out of round again and I paid big money for race tubing, 1350 yokes, etc.. It is continuously giving me vibrations. they fix it and it's good, then it comes back. I am supposed to bring it to them on a day that's nice so they can drive it and feel the vibration.

the pumpkin or ring and pinion is exactly the same in a full floater as the regular 60. the only thing you will be doing is adding all the weight to it by being a floater. extra large wheel beings, bigger brakes, bigger hubs, etc. no real need to have one in an a-body or any car for that matter. I have a supercharged 512" in front of my regular 60 and breaking it isn't even a thought. so far I laid 996 hp to it and not a problem and there shouldn't ever be one. my hotrod weighs in at 3500lbs.

the pumpkin or ring and pinion is exactly the same in a full floater as the regular 60. the only thing you will be doing is adding all the weight to it by being a floater. extra large wheel beings, bigger brakes, bigger hubs, etc. no real need to have one in an a-body or any car for that matter. I have a supercharged 512" in front of my regular 60 and breaking it isn't even a thought. so far I laid 996 hp to it and not a problem and there shouldn't ever be one. my hotrod weighs in at 3500lbs.

Bob I know that and you know that but these clowns here (DMV engineers) are a JOKE of the highest order. :angry1:

-
Back