Dana 60 rear brake kit?

-

gniknayrb18

Reaction score
i swapped my rear end from an 8 1/4 to a dana 60 and am needing a new brake set up. i am wondering what i need to do both disc or drum brakes and what i can use thats already on my 72 demon. i already have a conversion done on the front and have a new master cylinder for it installed. the dana is 5 x 4.5 and is a 2.5 offset. any help would be really appreciated. i was looking at this set up but am not sure if it is what i need. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wil-140-10767-dr

ok if im looking at this right the dr diff set is 750 and the wilwood set is 850...does that sound right... and is there an existing vehicle that i can rob parts from

There was a thread here somewhere where somebody got a complete kit from Ebay??? the price was awesome, want to say it was around $350 ish???

Do you still have the 8.25? If so, why not use the brakes from it? As goldduster318 said, it is a direct swap and you can save your money for something else.

ill double check but i was under the impression that the 8 3/4 and dana were interchangeable...not the 8 1/4 if so i will be putting in a new rear end this week

ill double check but i was under the impression that the 8 3/4 and dana were interchangeable...not the 8 1/4 if so i will be putting in a new rear end this week
It all depends if your axels on the Dana were made for 2 1/2 inch brakes,which you said you have on your 8 1/4.

i dont know if the brakes on the 8 1/4 are 2 1/2 or not i just know that thats what the dana is set up with

-
Back