Dana 60 S60 or Ford 9"

-
FWIW-
I changed to a 9” a couple years ago. I run low 9’s with a 4 speed and basically what you describe. I usually run 4.88 to 5.13 ratio and in a Dana when I broke a set after 12 years in 2016 it was a 6 mo wait for pro gears. I tried a set of street gears that lasted 6 passes. I eventually found some used pro gears but I realized I can’t rely on that parts supply.
I can have 9” pro gears in days from several suppliers.
I build 30 or so 9” a year. Theres lots of options and ways you can go. Spools, housing ends, axles, brakes all cost the same. I build a fab or stamped housing for about what a bare S60 sells for minus brackets. I run a Strange ultra case but I can tell you there are pro mods out there running speed master cases. Yukon thru bolts are also a great option.

But I’ll also say there’s an ah racer in Michigan, recent record holder, who would only run steel cases because of deflection and hp loss. For you and I that doesn’t really matter.
2cents

View attachment 1715672050
What is the hole in the back of the case for?
My new s60 pics

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I thought you meant the big hole 3/4 the way up.

Theres a 1/2” pipe plug in the bottom to drain. Around that is a piece of 1-1/2 moly so you don’t jack right on the plug, you can also mount wishbone off the other side.

I thought you meant the big hole 3/4 the way up.

Theres a 1/2” pipe plug in the bottom to drain. Around that is a piece of 1-1/2 moly so you don’t jack right on the plug, you can also mount wishbone off the other side.
I was just f'n with you, I would never assume a fabo member was a fill from the bottom type

My friends and I ran 60 in cars that ran low 5's in the eighth and 8's in the 1/4 after 20 years one of my friends finally busted a ring gear.The 9 is more expensive,more ratios avaliable, but lighter.We didn't have any extra webbing or support for our 60's.

We run A body stock and superstock cars
as well as a couple fast Street Race car=Calvert
bars and monoleafs even when tubed and close together.
Very easy to install and adjust!

Goggle : John Irving Drag Racer

Last edited:
-
Back