-
Status
Not open for further replies.

duster360

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a Dana 60 housing. Truck housing is fine. I am going to cut it down to use in my Dart. Needs to be within a couple hours or so from Anniston, Alabama.

Last edited:
I got one off of Craigslist for a hundred sixty bucks and it was almost like new. Had good 410 gears in it.. actually had great brakes and drums and Axel's that I sold for 40 bucks...
Keep lookin...

I got one off of Craigslist for a hundred sixty bucks and it was almost like new. Had good 410 gears in it.. actually had great brakes and drums and Axel's that I sold for 40 bucks...
Keep lookin...
I haven’t checked craigslist yet. I will do that. Found a couple decent deals on Facebook marketplace but they were too far away

I bought one off of Facebook for $150 that has a 35 spline, 4.10 geared, sure grip center section. They’re all over for cheap.

The one I bought was out of one ton Ford truck. I removed the floating axles and ends. Still need to weld housing ends on and order axles.
Anything different in the ring gear area compared to say the 70's era Dana 60

Anything different in the ring gear area compared to say the 70's era Dana 60
5D09230C-20DC-44F1-A2E3-575A7861B777.jpeg
E69BFFF0-3932-4600-A2E7-86CD38E986B6.jpeg

I spoke with dr diff. He told it would be best to stay away from the later model Dana 60. He said the tubes in the later model ones got later larger than the earlier ones. Which will cause shock mounts and u bolts issues.

I spoke with dr diff. He told it would be best to stay away from the later model Dana 60. He said the tubes in the later model ones got later larger than the earlier ones. Which will cause shock mounts and u bolts issues.
You can buy all that to fit any size tube. These are cheap to get into compared to the $2500 you’ll spend on an original B-body Dana 60, especially if you can do some of the labor yourself.

I will definitely be building my own. I have the bar and pucks to narrow it already. Just gotta find the Dana.

I will definitely be building my own. I have the bar and pucks to narrow it already. Just gotta find the Dana.
Then the truck Danas are the way to go. I’m using housing ends that I cut off an 8.75 housing. Tubes were the same diameter. I’ll have $500 in this one mainly due to the $350 SFI axles.

got any relation close to st. louis mo? i got 7-8. not sure how many. drums, backing plates are already removed. most still have gears/carrier in them so you dont have to figure out side shims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back