Dana

-

cuda620

Reaction score
Hi all! I’m gonna use a lunchbox locker in my Dana 60. It’s a 90% street car. I know their noisy. Lookin for options from others that tried. Lock-rite,pro-loc or? Thanks all.

Hi all! I’m gonna use a lunchbox locker in my Dana 60. It’s a 90% street car. I know their noisy. Lookin for options from others that tried. Lock-rite,pro-loc or? Thanks all.

You know you should try to learn something new every day. I just learned what a "lunchbox locker" is, thank you Google. I knew I have a locker to put my lunch in but...
Just saying. I had a couple of Lock rites in a Jeep rock crawler and loved them.
Back to the lunch box. I had a few lunches I could have used for lockers, but I will deny everything if you tell my wife. lol ;)

I know several people who have had good luck with the lockrite in on highway with moderate to heavy off road usage and on asphalt circle track. Extreme usage will eventually break or wear out most of the lunchbox units, as it will also break the supposedly unbreakable detroit locker. With street tires and road usage, just use a good synthetic gear oil and keep it changed enough to keep it clean (not black and stinking) and it should be maintenance free. Lockrite recommends the heaviest oil available for your temperature range to buffer the positive action, my off road friends use Lucas HD 85W-140 conventional with 25% Lucas, the lucas synthetic oil treatment should work well with synthetic Valvoline 75W140.

Yea, I’ve used em in jeeps. Even with 35 and 36” tires, with pretty good horsepower and had good luck. I figured in a 60 they would hold. Even with good hp and 28” tires. 451/ a body/28” tires/727.. yes the synthetic is a great idea. Keep it slick. And yes, anything IS breakable. But it’s cheaper than clutch units, and limited driving otta help.

I'm running an Eaton TrueTrac in my Strange 60. It's been very quiet so far and while it hasn't been on a track yet, we've beat on it pretty hard on the street with no problems.

EATON-CAMARO-TRUETRAC-912A686-3.jpg

I have one in the 60 I built for my Jeep. Too expensive for this project at my age. Thanks

I'm running an Eaton TrueTrac in my Strange 60. It's been very quiet so far and while it hasn't been on a track yet, we've beat on it pretty hard on the street with no problems.

View attachment 1715296479

I had one of those in my 600 horse 1971 tubbed vega, it didn`t hold up very well when the 14'' mickeys hooked up !! Went to a spool , yes I drove it on the street .

-
Back