Dang...

-
That WAS a badass mill, sh*t happens, and will again.

Lets look at the build and see if he tells us what internals he has. I do see Scat marked on the rods.

Looked like it split a bore and hydraulic‘d the front of the engine off.

He keeps calling it a 318 because it was a 318 block he bored to 4 inch, probably without a sonic test. And it split.

Calling it a “318” disingenuous at best. I say that because he claims to be using “360“ pistons and they only at that can happen is with a 360 stroke.

Lots of smoke and mirrors and buckshot going on.

And I agree @Rat Bastid looks like it cracked the bores first, filled the front two and hydrauliced both of em.

That's what it looks like to me, too. You can see that one rod has a bend in it. The fact that they're trying to compress water and it breaks the front of the block and the crank is testament to the compressive load the Scat rods are able to endure.

Last edited:
Yeah! I doubt there are any actual 3.31 inch stroke LA 318 based engines making 1.8-1.9 hp/cubic inches without boost or extra fuel and oxidizer.

I saw a YouTube video a few days ago where a guy was taking apart a blown-up Dodge truck V-10 engine. That 318 didn't look too bad compared to the V-10 carnage, YIKES!

This guy is so full of crap. 318 my butt. How’s he come up with 600 horsepower. What’s it run at what weight.
He has never lied about what's actually in it, he just calls it a 318 cause of the block. He did love to make videos spinning it over 7k a lot... everything breaks eventually

He has never lied about what's actually in it, he just calls it a 318 cause of the block. He did love to make videos spinning it over 7k a lot... everything breaks eventually

Like I said, that’s disingenuous at best. I say that because what the casting number on the block says doesn‘t mean squat.

If I used a 4 inch crank in a 273, could I still call it a 273? Nope. Because that number (273) is Cubic Inch Displacement and if you change the bore or stroke or both it is no longer displacing 273 inches.

The X block has a 318 cast into it. At a 4.000 or 4.040 or 4.100 bore it no longer is 318 inches.

I get what he’s doing but he’s not being truthful.

Like I said, that’s disingenuous at best. I say that because what the casting number on the block says doesn‘t mean squat.

If I used a 4 inch crank in a 273, could I still call it a 273? Nope. Because that number (273) is Cubic Inch Displacement and if you change the bore or stroke or both it is no longer displacing 273 inches.

The X block has a 318 cast into it. At a 4.000 or 4.040 or 4.100 bore it no longer is 318 inches.

I get what he’s doing but he’s not being truthful.
I agree with you 100% but it's not something to get upset about is all :) It's not like he's straight up lying to people about what it is.
BTW.. i was curious.. is it possible to go bigger than 4" in a 318 block? 4" seems to be the magic number everyone goes with

I agree with you 100% but it's not something to get upset about is all :) It's not like he's straight up lying to people about what it is.
BTW.. i was curious.. is it possible to go bigger than 4" in a 318 block? 4" seems to be the magic number everyone goes with

Yes. The 318 will take any stroke the 340/360 will.

I think I have a screenshot of one of his videos way back when he posted it was a 4" stroke deal. He loves to call it a "318" because it makes him look like hes accomplished something no one else has. It's all internet bullshit

Here it is

Screenshot_20230109-184416_YouTube.jpg

-
Back