dart 1969 beginner questions

-

plbill

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently fall in love with the dodge dart model. I saw a 1969 slant6 and want to buy it and change the engine for a 318 and I have few questions before starting this project.

1. Does the 318 parts are easily available. I know that this engine is common in the 1990's dodge pick-up but is the parts can retrofit in the 69 dart. And same question for the slant6 225 if I stay with this engine.

2. Does the automatic transmission for the 318 is a 727 model and is it a column or floor mount shifter.

3. Does the like that we need to change with years like brake pads/drum/disc, shocks, rad, gas tank, hub bearing, ball joint are easy to find for this car.

4. Is the service manual for A body mopar is availailable to download somewhere in this forum and does it have a DIY section.

Thank you very much

69 darts are cool cars----

1. Does the 318 parts are easily available. I know that this engine is common in the 1990's dodge pick-up but is the parts can retrofit in the 69 dart. And same question for the slant6 225 if I stay with this engine
Not sure what your question is?? if you like the car--- buy it /& drive it until you decide which direction you want to take with the car.
2. Does the automatic transmission for the 318 is a 727 model and is it a column or floor mount shifter.
Again what is the question--- look at the car-- you can see if it a floor shift or column shift----- 727 tranny's did come with the performace small blocks, the 318 most likely got the 904 tranny.
3.. Does the like that we need to change with years like brake pads/drum/disc, shocks, rad, gas tank, hub bearing, ball joint are easy to find for this car. yes --parts are readliy available As is information-- search this site---

4. Is the service manual for A body mopar is availailable to download somewhere in this forum and does it have a DIY section.
-- forum members might have a cd-- I do not know of a free manual for the 69 dart-- but it might be out there

5.good luck on your search -- there is lots of assistance-- you will get better results if your questions do not need interpetation. Lawrence

-
Back