Dart Bumpers

-

Moparmonster

Reaction score
I love my '65 Dart. Really, I do. The only thing that I dislike about it is the fact that the front and rear bumpers don't match, a fact that has aggravated me for years.

Now that the project us chugging along again, I'm finally gonna do something about it. The plan is to use a '66 rear bumper which will address this eyesore, and will give me reverse lights, too.

The question is this: is the recessed part of the quarter identical on the '65 and '66? To me, it looks very much that way, but I need to know for certain so that I know if I have to get those sections of the quarter panel when I order the bumper itself.

Screenshot_20211004-173424_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211004-185125_Chrome.jpg

The first picture is a '65 rear bumper and the second is of a '66. The recess in the quarter panel behind the bumper looks the same to me.

Opinions?

Yep. 65 bumper fits the indent in the quarter and has a valance below the bumper. The 66 bumper is large and looks like a mis matched 67 bumper with no valance. If it wasn't for the back up lights in my 66 bumper I always wanted to try a 65 bumper and valance. A lot cleaner look I think.

Yep. 65 bumper fits the indent in the quarter and has a valance below the bumper. The 66 bumper is large and looks like a mis matched 67 bumper with no valance. If it wasn't for the back up lights in my 66 bumper I always wanted to try a 65 bumper and valance. A lot cleaner look I think.

I'm guessing that this is more or less an afterthought because Chrysler was getting ready to launch the all-new '67 A body platform.

I'm into symmetry and the square front bumper with the carryover-from-1964 rear bumper has always bugged me. It just doesn't look right.

I'm guessing that this is more or less an afterthought because Chrysler was getting ready to launch the all-new '67 A body platform.

I'm into symmetry and the square front bumper with the carryover-from-1964 rear bumper has always bugged me. It just doesn't look right.
Could be, I have thought that might have been their reason.

-
Back