Dart door glass question

-

Oaktree

Long time Mopar guy
Reaction score
Excuse me if this is a stupid question, but I did a forum search and didn't find anything that really answered my questions.

'67 Dart 2 door post. I'm looking to replace all the door glass weatherstripping, cat whiskers, etc. Is it safe to assume the glass has to come out to do this? How do you do this? The shop manual wasn't very helpful.

Excuse me if this is a stupid question, but I did a forum search and didn't find anything that really answered my questions.

'67 Dart 2 door post. I'm looking to replace all the door glass weatherstripping, cat whiskers, etc. Is it safe to assume the glass has to come out to do this? How do you do this? The shop manual wasn't very helpful.

No the book doesn't show much. Windows don't have to be out. to replace whiskers are a snap in. Roll windows all the way down past sill if you can . I used painters tape to mask off edges so you don't chip them. Using a thin screw driver place it between the edge and chrome of whisker and gently pry up. It should come out easily . Once you have them out you can see how their placed . Set the new ones in place and I think I just used my palm
and pressed them in.

My technique is similar to Zigs'. You may want to carefully pull off the door panels and moisture barriers. I remember the channel behind the PVW goes almost to the bottom of the door. It is possible to feed the "whiskers" past the glass, but you'll need to press the "whiskers' into the channel. Failure to go down into the door/body with the "whiskers" will result in an annoying rattle of window glass.

FWIW: Kudos to you for replacing the whiskers. It seals up the car and makes it quieter. If you want to take it a step farther, recommend replacing the windlace around the door openings as well as new pins and bushings for the doors. It will give the door a solid "thunk" when you close it. Warning: Doors will be a little more difficult to close after replacing the windlace. This gets better as the rubber gets conformed to the door.

I just did mine and fought it with the glass in, even with the window rolled down. Ended up taking the plastic rivet out of the regulator, let the glass drop down a few inches and the cat whiskers went in no problem.

Its just easier if you drop the glass. Remember too, that the `67-`68 dart sedan used the same doors as the `67-`69 valiant 2 drs. It helps finding parts.

Its just easier if you drop the glass. Remember too, that the `67-`68 dart sedan used the same doors as the `67-`69 valiant 2 drs. It helps finding parts.
yes I remember I dropped the window. Its been such a long time and yes I would do rubber seal at the same time.

-
Back