Dart exhaust Pipes

-

LowDart

BR-Dodge
Reaction score
I'm changing the exhaust pipes from the old (a bit less than 2'') to Dual 2'' 1/2 pipe sistem.Where can i find(Buy) 2''1/2 mandrel bent,409 stainless-steel pipes for my 1973 dart???(FlowMaster,Pypes,Magnaflow)To be honest ,i just need a pair of the last piece''rear end'' (after the mufler)!
Someone can help me???Gratefull:read2:
Thank's.

i'm thinkin' your looking for the tailpipes and TTI has them for A bodies
for about 200.00 (both right and left)( i don't think their stainless...?)
don't have a clue what shipping would be as they are bulky and you
are a far piece away

Yes,that's it "TAILPIPES!"!!".Someone told me about the TTI ,but were i can buy them?It's 200,00 buck's for the Pair??(left and Right)?Do they have a Website?
Thank You mrbill00!

have you checked with a local muffler shop i had a complete system from headers back with stainless 2 1/2 pipes and mag-flows with stock demon tips they supplyed all parts and labor except the tips for $300 and the weld in my frame connecters just a thought

I,ve checked their website,but $207,00 just for the tailpipes is too expensive for me to import. Pypes got a complet exhaust sistem "with the X"for about $335, buck's!The problem with the mufler shop we've got here in Brasil is the system they use to to make the curves.I wan't a 2 1/2 system pipes and if i do that here wouldn't be 2 1/2 .I've bought Flowmaster Super 40 Muflers(2 1/2) and don't want to use them with 2" pipes.

Summit or Jegs may also be a source for mandrel bent piping. Their complete exhaust kits appear to be reasonable for a completely mandrel bent system.

Low Dart- If I understand you correctly, you can get 2 1/2" pipe in Brazil, but the shops there just dont have the tools to make mandrel type bends to the pipe? To be honest, you wont loose much going with standard bent pipe assuming they can still make a nice enough bend (ie, without ripples and kinks). To pay that much just to get pipes that have mandrel bends is not worth it in my opinion.

Low Dart- If I understand you correctly, you can get 2 1/2" pipe in Brazil, but the shops there just dont have the tools to make mandrel type bends to the pipe? To be honest, you wont loose much going with standard bent pipe assuming they can still make a nice enough bend (ie, without ripples and kinks). To pay that much just to get pipes that have mandrel bends is not worth it in my opinion.

LowDart- I`ve got to agree with Beatnik, you`ll never realize the difference in the mandrel bent pipe over conventional. You will notice going from a single pipe that`s less than 2" to dual 2.5" pipes. I`d suggest taking the car to a competent muffler shop there in Brazil and getting the pipes done. You may even think of going with 2.25" tailpipes for street driving.

To make my point more clear as well as LongGone's. Here is a picture of a mandrel bent pipe and non-mandrel or conventional/standard bent pipe. Notice on the conventional/standard bent pipe the slight reduction in diameter where the bend is. This is normal and any competent muffler shop should make standard bends like this if they cant make mandrel bends. If your shop has 2 1/2" pipe and can make conventional bends like in the picture, I'd save my $. Hope it helps...again even if they can make acceptable standard bends and 2 1/4" pipe is the largest diameter they can get, I'd still go with it and use some reducers for your mufflers. I know it's not what you want but it would still be a good exhaust and sound great. The difference in performance/sound is not worth the importing costs.

Mandrel bend.jpg

Non mandrel bend.jpg

Well,seem's that theres no other way!I know that is not a huge diference and as you guys already said the cost is not worth it.I Hoped that maybe i could find some cheap Mandrel bend pipes to import, but i now i know i can't.So....Next week i'm taking the Dart to a good local mufler shop that made the Complete exhaust sistem of a friend's 79 Dart with 2 1/2 pipes"Sounds Nice".Thanks a lot for the Help.I'll post some pictures of my New Exhaust sist. soon.
See Ya!

:burnout:

-
Back