Dart Gas Pedal Assemble

-

A/MP

Reaction score
'65 Dart with no gas pedal and assembly. Does anyone have one or a known aftermarket assembly that works. I mocked up a straight standing unit from my old altered but the angle is too steep for comfort and the fit is tight. This is for a track only car. Any thoughts?

if its a track car im assuming its a v8. i ask because the slant six is a rod and the v8 is a cable. im converting my valiant to a cable using a lokar throttle cable and universal gas pedal, im even using the lokar kickdown cable to keep everything the same. the nice thing about this setup is you can mount the pedal assy. anywhere on the firewall that you want. i have not mounted mine yet, but 64dartwagon has one and i saw a valiant in a mopar magazine a while back with the same setup, so i know it can work. you can also buy a universal gas pedal from summit that looks just like the lokar but less expensive. good luck
-aaron-

here is a picture of the 64 valiant with the lokar gas pedal.

gaspedal.jpg

Great tip, SlantScamp! I'm going to be doing this with my 64 Valiant when I switch to a four barrel carb. I'm using the gas pedal out of a 1970 Dart, though.

I have one from a 65 Barracuda and a 75 Duster with the cable. Both /6 cars. If any one of them can work for you let me know.

Ken
Edison, NJ
[email protected]

i have a later model gas pedal assy. with a cable and everything that a buddy gave me. looks just like the one in my 75 scamp and my dads 72 dart. but it doesnt fit the firewall on my 63 very well. im sure i could get it to work. but i saw the aftermarket setup on 64dartwagon's car and i like it. so that is the route i am going to go with. i was originally trying to find a 64-66 v8 gas pedal but they are hard to find.

I had a S6, 64 Valiant. It had the pedal floor pivot, rod linkage. We installed a pedal from a 5th Ave, that pivots at the firewall. we had to lengthen and bend the pedal slightly to get enough 'throw' on the cable side.
Worked out good...and cheap.

if its a track car im assuming its a v8. i ask because the slant six is a rod and the v8 is a cable. -aaron-

Early A's with a slant AND factory AC came with the same gas pedal assembly as the V8 but with a longer cable. Might be able to expand the search a little if you don't go with aftermarket.

-
Back